How to manage multiple schema

Hi,
If I want to split a large schema to many small schemas such as production, hr, purchasing…etc, how to create the multiple DataService? I can’t find it in “Add new other form”. If I have many DataService, all handle by single ServerDataModule?
Thanks!

Hi,

Launch Service Builder (Delphi IDE->Tools->Remoting SDK & Data Abstract->Edit Service Library) and add new Service with DataAbstractService as ancestor:

yes, all services can be handled by one ServiceDataModule

Noted with thanks. I will try it later. Thanks so much and let me know more about your product feature.

Hi,
I tried to split 1 DataService to 2 DataServices. I followed your procedure to create the new service_Impl and set the properties as same as original DataService. But the client side can’t access the new dataservice’s tables. Am I need to doing something in ServerDataModule?

Hi,

have you specified a new service name in client’s side components like TRORemoteService/TDARemoteDataAdapter ?

Hi,
I haven’t add new components in client’s side. After added the components, that work fine now. Thanks.

If tables are keeping in different DataService’s Schema, is it possible select those tables by SQL.

Hi,

in common case, when each dataservice uses personal schema that contains unique set of tables you should have personal RDA (or RDA & TRORemoteService) for each dataservice.

Hi,
I need to link up ERP Customer Order and MES Job Order. The tables must unique in all dataservices. So can I use “select erp.order, mes.job from CustomerOrder erp, JobOrder mes where erp.Guid = mes.LinkGuid” in DASQL?

Hi,

if CustomerOrder & JobOrder in one schema you can. if they are in different schemas - you can’t.

Note: you can add JobOrder to schema with CustomerOrder and it will work
P.S. better to try and get working code or error :wink:

Hi,
Noted with thanks. I will try it. :hugs:

Managing multiple schemas is a common challenge, but breaking them down into smaller, more manageable chunks like production, HR, and purchasing is a smart move. To create multiple DataServices, you’ll typically handle them within a single ServerDataModule. This allows for centralized management while still organizing your schemas effectively.However, if you’re dealing with a large number of schemas, it might be worth considering a more structured approach. Have you thought about using a project planning whiteboard? It’s a fantastic tool for visualizing your data management strategy, organizing tasks, and tracking progress effectively.