How to use Headerimporter for 1 single .h file?

Hi,

am I able to just use HI for a single .h file? Because the tutorial on your docs seemed a little bit overloaded for my purposes and so I am to stupid to get it worked with inly 1.h file^^

Any help would be wonderful!!

Best regard

Shpend

Currently, I got this:

1. Why does it tell me, that the Directory doesnt exist, he created the .fx file in the path I wrote in the -O “Directory” and the path to malloc.h exist, i tested it :confused:

When I compile then my program I get: " Unknown namespace “c_rtl” in uses list [C:\Users\Phoenix\Desktop\SomeTestingStuff\SomeTestingStuff\Program.pas (3)]"

even c_rtl.fx has been created successfully and it is on this path: “C:\Users\Phoenix\Desktop\SomeTestingStuff\SomeTestingStuff\obj\Debug\Windows\c_rtl.fx”

I dont really know why it doesnt work so far :confused:

anything that works for n files should work for the case if n = 1… :wink:

it’s probably a REALLY bad idea too call you own import rtl.fx, unless you’re planning to completely replace our rtl.fx and island.fx and go really oldschool.

I fixed that marc, I called it c_rtl, but still it doesnt work :frowning:

Could you tell me, what exactly is the “Directory” and why the “malloc.h” doesnt exist, message?

I really dont understand this messages in that context :confused:

Ah and the .fx file is just 1KB large, which doesnt make any sense at all, when it would have worked, because malloc.h is 4,35 KB large, it should be close to that size.

the -i parameter expects a directory, not a filename. It would be the dir malloc.h is in.

1 Like

Wow, ok, thx a lot!!!

I didnt saw that, especially when you are tired you oversee a damn lot things…

Now he parses all actually, so far so good, but interestingly, some parse-error occur:

Its like, he determines some syntax-errors? What to do in such a case :open_mouth:

Ok solved, the file I got was but broken and I replaced vcruntime.h with the original from MSVC! But thx alot carlo!!

I want to join this topic since I run into similar issues, and also I only need to include 1 .h file and i get this error message, :slight_smile:

do I have to import also the “stdarg.h” and “stdbool.h”?

EDIT: just for completion, this was solved and hence now my new issue “udnefined symbol”

I recommend against using HeaderImporter.exe and using Import Projects, instead.

Those should be in RTL, so this might point as HI.exe nt finding tour base SDK .fx files. (which using Import Projects will also solve)