In short words - if the application was built with valid developer license then it will not expire.
You can easily check this by running your app in a virtual machine with network disabled and date set to f.e. 1st Jan of 2040.
A longer explanation:
developer license is the license file downloaded from https://remobjects.com (the one put into
compiled license - resource contained in the compiled application
How it works (short and not always accurate in all the details. Refer to MSDN for full and detailed explanation of the .NET licensing system):
- .NET build process founds
licenses.licx file in the project
- .NET license compiler is run over that file
- For each type mentioned in
licenses.licx license compiler loads its license generator
- License generator generates some resource. Here is the place where developer license is checked
- Generated resource is the compiled license
- Resource is added to the compiled assembly
At runtime when the application is executed the compiled license validity is checked.
Our compiled license license check code does NOT check for expiration date of the developer license