Hydra Plugin - .Net Core

Does Hydra support building a plugin using .Net Core 2.1?

Matthew,

not yet, but it is on our list for new features, in the near future. (Note, no promise if we’ll support 2.1, or only 3.0 and up, since 3.0 made significant changes and it might not be worth the extra effort (or feasible) to support a legacy version).

—marc

Hi Marc,

What’s the progress on .Net Core / .Net 5 compatibility for hydra non visual plugins?

It is under investigation. NET 5.0 did bring some changes to infrastructure that would be used by Hydra. Yet the docs on these features are scarce to say the least.

1 Like

Any update on a NET 5/6 version of Hydra? Being tied to .NET 4.8 makes it increasingly difficult to maintain our code (we need to have separate branches for our libs and merging issues are a nightmare).

Hi,

this issue in our to do list, but I can’t provide any ETA when it will be done

Due to some breaking changes we are required to upgrade to the latest version of “Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore”.

Wich has a minimum support voor .net standard 2.1.
Wich is not supported by .net framework.
And thus our hydra code can nolonger be used.

Basicly we are stuck and this is getting quite critical.

Can you please give an eta or some progress update regarding .net 5 support.
Thank you

Did the EFCore 3.1.6 got the same fix? Despite its version it is only 10 days old

Don’t think it’s relevant to hydra. 3.1.6 got the same vulnerabilty fix.
see https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/net-june-2021/

Hi Anton,

Can you give me a rough ETA, or somekind of progress update.
I need to know how drastic we will need to tackle this issue, and how much dev work its going to take on our end.

Thank you.

There is no set ETA. This is a completely different platform and runtime, so it is not ‘porting’ existing Hydra code - it is a development of a completely new product.

This document is related to .NET Core runtime.

Entity Framework Core (its .NET Standard 2.0 version) got some updates too at the same time. Please check if these updates cover your issue.

I can no longer use Efcore 3.x. I need to migrate to ef core 5.x
Due to other libraries we consume wich now depends on the 2.1standard version

Definetly understand you can’t give an exact eta. But there is a big difference between 1 month/ 3 months / 1 year eta.
I can’t knowingly continue using software that is bound to become legacy code without a migration plan.
Hydra is an amazing product, i would hate to see it become obsolete.

1- 6 months is a timeframe that would be ideal.
6 - 12 months maybe.
more then 12 months, i’ll need to look for other solutions.

1 Like

Can i get a status update regarding .net support?

1 Like