I can not use elements and sugar in references? (Android)

IDE: _Visual Studio 2015
Version: _Elements 9.1.100.2081
Target (If relevant): Android
Description:
In a EUnit project I now have to include ‘elements’ in references, but if I need to include Sugar.Collections to use generics, placing Sugar in references causes the following error:

Gravedad Código Descripción Proyecto Archivo Línea Estado de supresión
Error () Uncaught translation error: com.android.dex.util.ExceptionWithContext: bogus char value: -1 SendaObjects.BaseLib.Android.EUnit C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Cooper.Android.targets 269

Although, after more tests this error seems to occur even without including ‘sugar’ in references.

Best regards,
Jose A.

a simple test case would be appreciated.

(fwiw, EUnit. ow using RTL2 instead of Sugar is as designed. RTL2, aka elements.jar, is the long term replacement/successor for Sugar.

In this case it was not necessary to send any examples, any EUnit Android project does not work with the latest Beta version of Elements (9.1.100.2081).
If you create a default EUnit Android project and you try to run it, you will notice that the following error occurs:

Error (E584) Cannot find type “remobjects.elements.rtl.String” from library “elements” referenced by “remobjects.elements.eunit” org.me.testpplicationXX 0

If I delete Sugar from references and include elements.jar and try to run the project, then the error that occurs is as follows:

Error () Uncaught translation error: com.android.dex.util.ExceptionWithContext: bogus char value: -1 org.me.testpplicationXX C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Cooper.Android.targets 269

However, I attached a project where you can see the problem.
ClassLibrary1.rar (517.6 KB)

Best regards,
Jose A.

ok, this on his expected, EUnit does need RTL2, and the template wasn’t updated yet (will fix now).

this one does look like a compiler bug, yes. i’ll create a test case myself, since you can’t provide one, and will log if it reproduces.

i’ll create a test case myself, since you can’t provide one, and will log if it reproduces.

In the previous message I have included a test case.

Please do not forget this problem. Thanks.

it’s not forgotten.