Ideal Web GUI

The latest blog post about the VCL project for webassembly has me cautiously optimistic about what I would consider to be the ideal web front end client development platform.

What would be ideal, in my opinion, is the VCL and the RemObjects SDK both targeting webassembly. That would allow me to develop a universal cross platform web client using just Water, C# and RO SDK.

Anyone know how serious RemObjects is about bringing their VCL for webassembly to life (meaning a somewhat complete component set)?

What about RemObjects SDK for webassembly? Would that even be possible?

My current solution would be Elevatesoft’s Web Builder, in conjunction with the RemObjects SDK for JavaScript. It would be soooo much better to be able to handle everything with just RemObjects solutions. I would assume the performance would be noticeable better too, with everything running on webassembly rather than JavaScript.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?

Chris,

Glad to hear!

While it;'s still in its early stages, we’re pretty committed to the VCL project and related more general “Elements Forms” support for WebAssembly and (some of) the other platforms. Of course “somewhat complete” is a vague term, and int he own run, we’ll rely both on user feedback (what controls do you need) as well as contribution and support from third parties and component creators to make the form experience fully “complete”. To start with, your (and anyone’s) feedback on the current preview of the VCL support would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Possibly, definitely. I cannot make promises on future plans in this area, but some of the directions we’re looking at for RO/DA 10 and beyond include options that would bring RO/DA to more Elements platforms, and in a more consistent manner. This could then include WebAssembly.

Until then, of course Remoting SDK for JavaScript could be an option as well.

We’ll keep you posted as plans progress.

—marc