Import XCode Project option greyed out?

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of evaluating the feasibility of porting an existing iOS app over to Android. I am trying to import a Swift 3 XCode project into Fire (Elements 8.4), however the option to do so is greyed out. Does anyone have a guide on what the correct steps are here or can point me in the right direction?

Would also love to hear others’ experiences in porting over apps from XCode to Fire and what sort of changes were required to deploy on Android if you use CocoaPods or other frameworks.

Thank you in advance!

The Import Xcode Project option isn not yet implemented, I’m afraid; we’re working on that for the next release.

yours,
marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have a rough ETA on that? Will it be in the upcoming release? Are we looking at a month, two months, or longer?

In your estimation, how much fine tuning does a typical XCode project need to compile correctly using Elements on an Android target? E.g. Swift 3 project with a few Cocoa Pods. Is there any documentation that outlines what steps are involved in porting over an XCode project to Silver?

I’m afraid i don’t have an ETA, no.

FTR, at this stage the plan for the importer would mainly consist of creating a project for you that includes all the source files, optionally running Oxidizer to pre-convert any Objective-C to the language of our choice; it would not do any other magic such as converting your code for Android or touching any Swift code for Elements-specific adjustments (if any).