Installing Data Abstract for Delphi / .NET Server and Hydra

I downloaded Delphi and .NET server additions, version 10.0.0.1579 and Hydra, version 6.6.0.1325.

None of them will install. On launch, windows is complaining

Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
Publisher: Unknown publisher (why aren’t your installs signed?)

If I “Run anyway”

Trend Micro complains, reporting

Suspicious File Blocked
Source: https://s3.amazonaws.com/betas.remobjects.com/CHANNELS/RODA/Stable/20231223-011930-rofx-develop/RemObjects%20Data%20Abstract%20for%20Delphi%2C%20Server%20Edition%20-%2010.0.0.1579.exe?AWSAccessKeyId=&Expires=1705225685&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3D%22RemObjects%20Data%20Abstract%20for%20Delphi%2C%20Server%20Edition%20-%2010.0.0.1579.exe%22&response-content-type=application%2Fforce-download&Signature=%2FLRjoxD%2F8%3D

Virus: HEUAEGIS_HttpDownloadChecker threat

Hi,

This is expected. We stopped signing our installers last year, because it’s an extortion racket. the certificate prices increase every year, and now they switched to a model where yo need to buy/rent a secure token store hardware from them to store the signing keys, and enter a ping code every time you sign something (and we signed a lot of executables per build, and do a lot of builds, per day).

This one I cannot comment on as I’m not familiar eioth Trend Micro; I suggest to reach out to them and report this as false positive, but I’ll also look into this from our end, just in case.

The Suspicious File Blocked message no longer happens, thank you!

On the signing of your installs, I was in the process of renewal at the time I created this issue.

I may agree with you on the price increases, but it just the cost of doing business. I got my cert and renewal at DigiCert and they do have a cloud option to store your keys, so no “hardware”.

I signed over 40 files with no prompt for a “ping code”. It works just like the previous method of signing.

That is good to know. We will look further into this option then – thank you.

yours,
marc