Integration in Delphi XE2

I’ve downloaded the latest trial for Delphi, and installed it on my machine. It offered VS2017 integration, but not Delphi 2010 nor Delphi XE2.

I’ve tried in a VM with Delphi 10.2, it offers integration during setup.

Additionally, on my physical machine, I get an error message of I try uninstalling. Anyway, launching the setup again, it offers again only VS2017.
Does v9 still support XE2?

Note I didn’t get any “Everwood” directory.

Remoting SDK supports all versions of Delphi since D7.

Remoting SDK setup can’t detect versions of Delphi that weren’t launched at least once, i.e. it checks for installed versions of Delphi in HKCU registry.

Awesome, HKCU was the key if I may say.

I’m getting there…
I’ve copied from my admin user values related to Remoting SDK from:

HKCU\Software\RemObjects
HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\9.0\Known IDE Assemblies
HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\9.0\Known IDE Packages
HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\9.0\Environment Variables
HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\9.0\Library
HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\9.0\Package Cache

I now get at startup a window telling me checking for update has been skipped, but I don’t get the New project wizard things. Have I missed anything?

PS: Would be nice to have the installer offer to install for everyone.

can you check that RO_IDE, RO_ServerIDE packages are installed ?
by other hand, you can open BuildPackages_D##.groupproj and reinstall all packages.

Thanks, I did a lot of fiddling, and it seemed the key issue was the RO_IDE package wasn’t loaded, and what finally solved it was removing it from the “disabled packages” (not 100% sure how it arrived there). On my road, I also had to install Update 4 (already had it, I installed from the DVD version that comes directly with it, but reinstalling the update patch added some missing files).
Anyway, all working now, I’m happy :wink: