iOS: Merge Task Fails

Fab, I’ll stick with the earlier build. My external mono is still 4.8.1 (32-bit) ! I guess I should really update that so I can double-check these things on internal/external.

Latest external compiler doesn’t work with anymore 4.8?

I’ll try it. I’d try and keep it as per Fire if I’m doing a check like this so I know it’s not a mono thing. Having said that, I just checked and the latest stable mono is more recent than the fire one.

Can’t try it actually, guess I need to get the elements part:

Yeah, you’ll ned to install an external compiler before you can use it :wink:

I know, and I did (I must have removed it some while back), but then I got “Reference ‘libDataAbstract’ could not be resolved for target ‘Toffee-iOS’ (Toffee iOS arm64)”. I noticed it is pointing to “$(Fire.app)/Contents/Resources/Data Abstract/References-Trial/Toffee/iOS/libDataAbstract.fx” , even though the about shows I have DA installed, so I removed it and installed the latest stable DA but it doesn’t seem to have worked and it’s still not resolving (shows N/A in fire). One of those things you start and wish you hadn’t…

Hmm. Do you have DA xml files in ~/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/Elements/Reference Paths/Toffee and if so, do they contain valid paths?

That took a while to get it to install the latest DA (all sorts of errors and not seeing terminal open). Anyway, long story short, yes, the external compiler works (with 4.8.1 mono). :grinning:

Or should I say it worked once! Now I get Internal error: System.DllNotFoundException: RemObjects.Elements.LLVM.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) LLVM.Interop.LLVMInterop:LLVMInitializeX86AsmPrinter ()
at RemObjects.Elements.Toffee.Output.ObjcOutput…cctor () [0x000e1] in :0

I’m guessing this is a mono issue since it did the same in .2469 until I went back to the internal compiler (which works).

If I install the latest mono, 6.6, all is well and working.

bugs://83713 got closed with status fixed.