Is it possible to have two versions on the same PC?

We develop software for with Windows CE devices that talk to each other using version 6.0.55.xxx because that was the last version that seems to work properly. We also develop applications for PCs that can connect to said devices. I can’t seem to get both versions installed on the same PC. Is there a trick or workaround for this ?

Visual Studio 2008, C#, 6.0.55.xxx
Visual Studio 2015, C#, 9.2.103.xxx

easiest option would be to just keep the old binaries from v6 around in an extra folder and reference those where needed, but have v9 “installed”. is that an option?

The code files that the Service Builder for v9 generates are not compatible with the v6 binaries. Would we still be able to launch the Service Builder for v6 as a stand alone application? If so then that works for me.

Yeah, that should be fine too, if you just preserve the entire SB folder (.exe and dependent plugin .dlls) in a separate place

When I try to run the code generator I get:

“RemObjects SDK for .NET install location not found in registry.”

I can recommend to install VS2008 and RON v6.x into virtual machine like VMWare, VirtualBox, etc

RON 6.x and RON 9.2 may not work together because some shared files were compiled with different .NET runtime versions and you can get conflicts like

EOleException: Could not load file or assembly 'RemObjects.XXXX' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded

OK, we’ll look at that route