Island compilation for mac-os x?

Helllo :_)

I am actually interessted, if you guys are planning to make Island compilation also possible for macosx ?

Best regards,

Shpend

Not currently. what do you hope to gain, over using our existing macOS support via the Toffee/Cocoa platform?

—marc

1 Like

AHhhhhh, sry, I totally forgot this, I thought for CPU-specific code, Island is the only way :smiley:

thx! :wink:

Nope, Toffee is CPU-native and uses there same LLVM compiler backend. :wink:

1 Like

Cool, good to know, but somehow, I get the error when compiling which says: "Could not find a part of the path “/Library/Contents/version.plist” :open_mouth:

and it happens immediately without any addition code, so you create a normal Toffee project and press run, then the error above occur.

I’ll need more details on what you’re trying to do exactly…

As I said, I even didnt do anything, I just created the project of toffee, pressed run and voila: “Could not find a part of the path “/Library/Contents/version.plist”

I am writing on my Macbook the handmadehero-game from youtube, just for deep practicing reasons.

Just btw, Do I need to install the whole Xcode with 6GB? Or are the nessecary command-line-tools installed yet and he just cant figure out where to find them?

Ok fixed it, I didnt had have installed the XCode 9.2, I thought that just the command-line-tools were installed without the IDE, anyhow, it works :smiley: