Island License?

I just downloaded Elements 9. I tried to make a new Island class library for Windows and I got an error. It said:

“You installed a new version of Oxygene for Island, but no up-to-date license was found that covers this new version. An updated license is required to continue.”

I tried “re-checking” the license. Does this Island need something new to be purchased in order to use? Or should it have been included in my Oxygene updates?

The message doesn’t say you don have a license, the message says your license is outdated. Can you make sure you’re logged in with the right account, and that it does download a new .lic file properly? if it does, and it still fails, can you check the .lic and see if it contains an entry for Island, and what the end dates in the file are for Oxygene?

sorry for the trouble,
marc

How do I “check the .lic”?

… time passes …

I went into License Manager and there is no Island listed there. I tried to “Download Licenses” and that failed. It said, “The download of your license failed. Maybe the server is unreachable, or your password did not match. You can try later, or download your license using your web browser and import it from disk. …”

I made sure the password was correct, but the problem persists. I’ll try going to the “portal”.

… time passes …

The portal confuses me more. It shows Oxygene expires on “Feb 13, 2017”, but “Oxygene for .Net, Cocoa, and Java” expires on “Feb. 14, 2016”.

Not sure if that is as it should be or not.
And I don’t see anywhere there to download a license.

here is what License manager shows:

%APPDATA%\RemObjects Software\Licenses.

this is what i see for your licenses:

You have a new “Oxygene” (all platforms) license tile Feb 2017. before you had three per-platform licenses, that ended Feb 16. It’s the former that does give you Island access.

So I think you are saying it should work. I looked in the various license files on my box and none of them said anything about Island in them.

… time passes …

I take that back. I did a find and it didn’t find it, but I was just eyeballing it and I think I see it.

Here is what I see:

[License]
ID=…removed by me…
LicenseType=Full
Name=Oxygene
Edition=Island
FullName=Oxygene for Island
Version=8.0
AllowBeta=1
SubscriptionEndDate=2017-02-13

Seems like Island ought to work.

Odd. It is working now. Go figure. I didn’t reboot, but I did get in and out of VS a couple of times. First times, it didn’t help, but it is working now. Go figure.

Thanks anyway. Sorry I bothered you. Something must have been broken, but I can’t suggest what.

1 Like