Island/Windows, "Undefined symbols", after RE-importing?

Element .2541, Island/Windows

This used to work, and I didn’t change anything. All I did is just RE-import tensorflow lib, and RE-generate the *.fx file.

Then I got the following error. Any advice? Test project here Test.zip (3.3 MB)

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: GraphInfo, Configuration: Debug ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : undefined symbol: TF_NewStatus
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : undefined symbol: TF_DeleteStatus
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : undefined symbol: TF_GetCode
1>Done building project "GraphInfo.elements" -- FAILED.
  TensorFlow.Island.Api.__Global = class
  private

class method TF_DataTypeSize(dt: TensorFlow.Island.Api.TF_DataType): UInt64; public;
    class method TF_NewStatus: ^TF_Status; public;

for some reason, these are private in the .fx?

(code generated via “HeaderImporter.exe codegen TensorFlow.Island.Api.fx api.pas”).

TensorFlow.Island.Api.fx is generated by the HeaderImporter by importing the latest v2.3.0 TensorFlow.lib.

This is the Import project (with TensorFlow.lib). Import.zip (3.0 MB)

Hmm, looks like tis might be a regression in HeaderImporter then. did you use .2541? Hoe long ago did you import this, before? recently;y, or a while ago?

Thanks, logged as bugs://84803

Yes I am using .2541. I tried .2525, and found it didn’t work for the IMPORT either.

The last time I run the IMPORT (successfully) was last year 2019. I don’t recall the exact Elements version (but I always keep up to the latest releases), so AT LEAST the IMPORT was working with Elements version EARLIER than Dec 2019

1 Like

That’s not private? Note the public; at the end.

bugs://84803 got closed with status fixed.

Just to be clear; this is an import library right? There’s a dll too (like Tensorflow.dll)?

The reason I’m asking is because this .lib file is huge.

If so, try this fx:
TensorFlow.Island.Api.fx.zip (7.9 KB)

Yes there is a Dll

Good :slight_smile: So this fx should work. you do need to recompile the other Utils too.

Thank you, but still seems not working, after recompiling the other Utilts

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: GraphInfo, Configuration: Debug ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : relocation against symbol in discarded section: TF_DeleteStatus
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : relocation against symbol in discarded section: TF_DeleteStatus
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : relocation against symbol in discarded section: TF_NewStatus
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : relocation against symbol in discarded section: TF_NewStatus
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : relocation against symbol in discarded section: TF_GetCode
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : relocation against symbol in discarded section: TF_GetCode
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets(70,3): error : too many errors emitted, stopping now (use /errorlimit:0 to see all errors)

Do I have the source for this project?

@ck

Thank you for your help. Here is the project file - try to build ApiUtils, then you will see those errors.
Test.zip (2.9 MB)

Wuping,

do you know of the .lib file changed since you last imported this (and it worked)?

hi marc,

Yes. I looked into the accompanying Dll, and found they they added some extra exported functions, but not much.

I also used the previous 1.15.0 TensorFlow lib, and run the IMPORT with the latest Elements. The generated *.fx was not working either. So, I guess the problem is most likely on the Elements side?

TensorFlow v2.3.0 C API : https://storage.googleapis.com/tensorflow/libtensorflow/libtensorflow-cpu-windows-x86_64-2.3.0.zip

TensorFlow v1.15.0 API: https://storage.googleapis.com/tensorflow/libtensorflow/libtensorflow-cpu-windows-x86_64-1.15.0.zip

Probably yes, just trying to narrow it down.

One more question: I assume you are certain that the version of the .h files you are importing matches the version of the .lib, correct?

1 Like

Hi marc, I double checked the header files, and copy them again from the v2.3.0 TensorFlow. And the imported *.fx seems to work with no problem with Build 2541.

But strange thing happened after I upgraded to Build 2545. The errors come back again…

So they didn’t match before?

Is that when re-importing with 45, or when building tour app, against the same .fx you imported with 42 and that worked with 41?