Issue with using Hydra framework for cross-platform application development (Delphi + WPF)

Hello,
For a critical delivery, I am struggling on the following issue, which may need your kind support:

For a technical requirement, I need to display and render the WPF control from the WPF library DLL into the Delphi host UI. I followed all the instructions found in the following thread:

Created the visual plug-ins as per this URL: https://docs.hydra4.com/Plugins/WPFVisualPlugins/
Created the VCL host using Delphi IDE as per this URL: https://docs.hydra4.com/Hosts/VCLHost/

However, while running the Delphi IDE to load the WPF control, I found the following error:

Native Application

Access violation at address 00504BEF in module ‘Hydra_Core_D25.bpl’. Read of address 00000000.

OK

While in debug mode, I noted that the following .pas unit is not found:

Source file not found: uHYBaseModuleManager.pas

I am not sure on how this file is being created.

Further, the problem is consistent using both kind of hosts – VCL and FireMonkey.

Please do the needful as soon as possible. Please feel free to approach me directly on the below mentioned cell number.

what version of Hydra you are using - Full or Trial edition?
what exactly build you are using? I except number something like 5.0.89.1163

Can you check the Delphi WPF sample? does it work as expected?

Hey EvgenyK,

Yes, it is exactly that version I have installed. And yes, it is a trial version I downloaded just today. Please feel free to ask for more information if required.

Regards,
Chandresh.

Also, can you please provide me the download link of the samples ? We found one, but it didn’t have download option in it. Further, it was more of a discussion rather than a mini-solution.

Samples are installed to %Public%\Documents\RemObjects Samples folder by default.

Hi EvgenyK,

Thanks. I will just verify that now and will let you know accordingly.

Regards,

Chandresh.

as I see, you are using Delphi 10 Tokyo. What exactly version (10.2.2 or 10.2.3) you are using?
Hydra 5.0.89.1163 was compiled with 10.2.2.
We going to release new build of Hydra, compiled with Delphi 10.2.3 this week.

The version that I have installed is 10.2 Update 3 for C++ Builder and 10.2 for Delphi.

I can suggest to wait few days for new version of Hydra Trial

Or, should I backtrack my version to get it done ? In fact, I need a working solution, to be demonstrated. We are in fact thinking of purchasing Hydra, but will be decided based on the demo.

I am just trying to invoke the existing sample. In that, I am asked to upgrade the versions of the packages - Hydra_Core_D11 to Hydra_Core_D25 and Hydra_VCL_D25. Should I proceed with that or skip that ?

Current Hydra Trial won’t work correctly with Delphi 10.2.3 because Hydra Trial was created 3 months ago after releasing 10.2.2.

as you can see, .bpl created with Delphi 10.2.2 are incompatible with Delphi 10.2.3.

If you like, I can provide delphi host for Delphi WPF sample.

another solution - wait for few days until we release new Hydra Trial, compatible with Delphi 10.2.3

yes, you have to process this.

Hey EvgenyK,

Fortunately the samples worked for me !

I will investigate on why it was not working for me.

Thanks for your support.

Chandresh.

Chandresh,

I could also send you an updated (Gamma pre-release) trial version. What’s your account name on remobjects.com?

—marc

Hi mh

My account name on that trial is cjmakwana@hotmail.com.

You can also send me the mail on chandresh.makwana@harman.com

Regards,

Chandresh.

Chandresh,

my apologies for the delay. We did a new build of Hydra yesterday, and I hav uploaded it to your personal downloads page at https://secure.remobjects.com/portal/downloads/personal, now.

yours,
marc