Join table error message

Hi guys, some assistance on the following will be highly welcome.

Latest RO DA Server Delphi.
Delphi Berlin Update 2.

I’m doing a custom SQL on the schema that looks like:

SELECT [TABLE1].[FIELD1], [TABLE1].[FIELD2], [TABLE1].[FIELD3]
FROM [TABLE1] INNER JOIN [TABLE2] ON [TABLE1].[FIELD1] = [TABLE2].[FIELD1]
WHERE {WHERE}

I want to use a field on table2 to filter the results, basically i want to do a Table2.Field2 = some value on the where clause.

The targettable will be [TABLE1] in case of any updates.

Now on DataAbstract service I have allowAllDynamicFields set to true.

On the client side I’m using an expression like

MemDataTable.DynamicWhere.Expression :=
MemDataTable.DynamicWhere.NewBinaryExpression(
MemDataTable.DynamicWhere.NewField(‘TABLE2’,‘FIELD2’),
MemDataTable.DynamicWhere.DynamicWhere.NewConstant(ID,datInteger), dboEqual);

It is unable to execute the query saying something like Field2 can not be used on the where clause. Whats wrong?

Additionally, what is the equivalent of CreateDataSet on a MemDataTable?

If I want to do additions on a table, and i dont want to open the table and bring all the records because it will bring too much data back to the client do I have to always include some WHERE clause with some invalid value so I can open it? or Could I use something like createdataset on TClientDataSet that will allow me to insert values without having to do the above?

Thank you in advance.

by security reasons, we allow to use in dynamic where only fields that are present in select. you can disable this on server side: TDataAbstractService.AllowAllFieldsInDynamicWhere.

I can recommend to open table with RemoteFetchEnabled = false. in this case data won’t be fetched from server.

Hi Evgeny,

Thank you for your quick response.

As I wrote originally, the AllowAllFieldsInDynamicWHere is to true. It is by default on false. Both ways, I got the “An exception was raised on the server: ‘FIELD2’ field can’t be used inside the where clause”.

I also tried to add the FIELD2 on the list of select fields but didnt work either.

Any other thing i can look for?

Thank you in advance.

your case should work
can you create a simple testcase (with DDL for tables) that reproduces this problem, pls?
I’ll retest this case

you can attach testcase here or send directly to support@