Last build failed on PreparePlatforms

It seems if it fails at this point Fire doesnt display an error message. I have a solution with 2 iOS and watch apps.

The only error I can find is

> ld: framework not found BEMCheckBox
                 <- Phase Linking for Device failed.

Cheers,
John

yeah, ebuild doesn’t parse put LD errors yet, that’s on the list. as for rhe actual limker error - tough to say anything about it w/o more info…

Step one:

-> Phase Linking for Device started.
D:                         /Users/.../usr/bin/ld -arch x86_64 -o /Users/mh/.Temp/EBuild/ConsoleApplication208...
                           > ld: library not found for -lElements
E:                         Process 'ld' failed, but did not produce any errors. Please check the build log for details

if tools exit with error, but no errors were be parsed out of their output, this generic error will now be generated.

the trickier part will be deciding what ld messages to convert into more concrete errors, coz it’s output is not very, shall we say, consistent :wink:

Step two:

-> Phase Linking for Device started.
D:                         /Users/.../usr/bin/ld -arch x86_64 -o /Users/mh/.Temp/EBuild/ConsoleApplication208...
E:                         ld: library not found for -lElements

not found is an easy one to do make an error out of :wink:

I think its having a problem with frameworks

SimpleFrameworkTestApp.zip (2.7 MB)

Yup, confirmed. the path to the framework gets passed as -L, but needs to be passed as -F.ASince I get those values from the compiler, I can’t fix this EBuild side (though if i add both -L and -F for all frameworks, it works as a hack) and need tom discuss this with @ck on monday.

Oddly though, the paths to the core SDK frameworks also get passed as -L, and those are fine… strange.

Thanks, logged as bugs://79101

bugs://79101 got closed with status fixed.