Ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64 error in latest Fire

Build problem in latest .2483 Fire (diag log here debuglog.txt (55.5 KB) ) which works fine in .2479.

Not sure if it is the [auditTableViewController typeSegmentChanged] bit that it doesn’t like, or whatever is next but the build log in the other topic shows the good build.

ld: -[auditTableViewController tableView:didSelectRowAtIndexPath:] in Logonn.a(auditTableViewController-f631e62b34197e47f0a3108b2c19699e.o)
ld: -[auditTableViewController typeSegmentChanged:] in Logonn.a(auditTableViewController-f631e62b34197e47f0a3108b2c19699e.o)
ld: …
E: ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64


W: ld: ignoring file /Users/Jeremy/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/LogOnn-A29754483E035F7E930AFA68640D1BD1F6FCD444/Debug/Toffee-iOS/Libraries/Simulator/libToffee.a, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /Users/Jeremy/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/LogOnn-A29754483E035F7E930AFA68640D1BD1F6FCD444/Debug/Toffee-iOS/Libraries/Simulator/libToffee.a (3 slices)

That’s strange, is this with 2483 and the internal compiler? does switching to the external compiler fix it? this issue look like its a regression/b ing with a hack I had to put in place for Notarization, last week. I’ll investigate.

It was, yes.

Ah, yes it does, current external compiler is .2471. Let me know if you want me to try any others

I know whats happening, just not why.

What I did is this:

Apple Notarization doesn’t like .a files in the app bundle (their bug), so I zip up all the .a files to “.az” files, and during the build extract libToffee.az back tom e.g. “/Libraries/Simulator/libToffee.a”. somehow, it seems you end up with he Device version in the Simulator folder, and the linker doesn’t like it.

I’ll need to try and repro and/or code-review what might be happening, right now it seems like this should to happen… :frowning:

Only the internal compiler will sue the .az hack

Think I found the problem.

And also reproduced; fix is already building, will retest when done, and I’m hoping to shoot out a new Fire build today, as I finally nailed Notarization/Hardened Runtime and would like a few more people to test this, always.

Great, I’ll get straight on it and check it out.

1 Like

Confirmed, my fix worked; straying a new Elements/Fire build cycle now.

Noten that for the DA issue, you’ll need to stay back on a version before the “xml” thing failed, I’m afraid, until we can have a look at the IE tomorrow.

1 Like