Loading Sugar Solution without JDK installed shows errors

I m not sure where to post this issue, but loading Sugar solution into VS on machine without JDK shows large error window, and only way to go is “Cancel” or “Retest” (Continue button is disabled).

IMHO, this is an issue due to cross-platform nature of Sugar: if I want only to test Sugar on Nougat, I should have no problem with absence of JDK. Maybe if i want to build Sugar for Cooper target, i should recieve this error, but not at start!

And error window’s behavior is a little bit confusing: why i should hit Cancel? Cancel should mean “did not load solution”. But “Continue” is disabled for unknown reason.

I think if you press cancel it just does not load that project.
Or does it stop loading the entire solution?

BTW I think later the Sugar lib is going to be binary distributed with the compiler.
So people won’t have to compile Sugar themselves

what you are seeing is the Preflight check dialog for Java. are you saying you dont see a valid explanation and text in the window, but JUST cthe cancel and retest buttons?

fwiw, if you dont need Sugar/Java, you can of course feel free to open just the standalone projects.

indeed, Sugar is early pre-alpha stage right now. here there be huge and very dangerous dragons.

Nope: hitting cancel does not interrupt loading solution, so I m think that Cancel in Pre-flight dialog is the real Continue))

Cancel will cancel loading the project in question. the rest of the SLN should still load, yes.