LogCat Filtering

Hi,

Im using Fire 8.4.96.2053. May I know is it possible to do logcat message filtering when running debugging in android. It shows a lot of not relevant message, and it is hard to search for my own generated message by print/Log from the program.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Thol Yong

We don’t filter logical, currently, as its tricky to know what to filter by automatically (and still have all relevant info), and we don’t have a manual filter UI yet. That said, writeLn()/print() should show in the main debug console, no need to go to logical to see those?

Unfortunately when Im using writeLn()/print(), it is still printing the message at the device log console together with all others log messages from the device. It doesn’t show in the main debug console. Anyway, my solution to this is, Im using external software to get all the log messages and do filtering.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Thol Yong

Yes, unless I’m missing something, I can’t filter the logcat debug messages in VS2015’s output window by tag, which would really help debugging things like scroll / touch interface issues where a breakpoint messes up the flow.