I’m trying to get RemObjects SDK into source control since I need to support multiple versions of my application that was compiled with different version of library (188.8.131.521 and 10.0.0.1485). This would allow me to:
- rapidly switch between two version of my application
- make initial setup of development environment easier
For that purpose I performed these steps:
- I backed up original installation files.
- I uninstalled RemObjects SDK.
- I added BPLs, DCUs, DCPs and optionally source code files to source control.
- I amended library path, since those files no longer reside in Program Files.
- I amended some keys in Windows registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RemObjects\RemObjects SDK (Common)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RemObjects\RemObjects SDK for Delphi
- I manually registered assembly
RemObjects SDK (Common)\Bin\RemObjects.SDK.CodeGen4.dll.
- I manually installed packages to Delphi IDE.
So far it seems to work fine, but I have a few questions:
- Do I need to install RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE12.dll as an IDE assembly? I’m not sure what does it do? I use Delphi 10.3.3.
- Do I need to register (RegAsm.exe) any other assembly than RemObjects.SDK.CodeGen4.dll?
- Is there anything else that the installer does, but I didn’t?
- Is there any official way to achieve my goal?