Memory-leak in THYRODLReader.MergeRODLs

Hello,

I have noticed that source code in unit “Hydra.RO.RODLReader.pas” has been significantly modified compared to versions before 6.6.0.1317. Unfortunately, one of the consequences is the fact, that there is now a massive memory leak in the “MergeRODLs” method, namely - the local variables “l_mainRODL, l_subRODL” are never released and remain in memory.

See this:

procedure THYRODLReader.MergeRODLs(var MainRODL: ROUTF8String; const SubRODLs: array of ROUTF8String);

procedure _MergeRODLs(aMainRODL, aSubRODL: TRODLLibrary);
  begin
  end;

var
// <BUG> these variables are never released
  l_mainRODL: TRODLLibrary;
  l_subRODL: TRODLLibrary;
// <BUG/> 
  i: Integer;
begin
end;

Regards, Jaroslav

Logged as bugs://H1034.

bugs://H1034 was closed as fixed.

Hello,

according to the information in the change log of the last official Hydra release (6.6.0.1319) this bug has been fixed, see:

https://www.remobjects.com/portal/downloads/hydra.aspx?changelog=Stable/20231115-121909-hydra-develop/hydra-1319.txt

Comparing the source code with the previous Hydra release (6.6.0.1317), I can’t find any indication that the fix has actually occurred. The content of the “Hydra.RO.RODLReader.pas” unit is identical, I don’t see any change. The only change is in the “Hydra.VCL.ControlAsVisualPlugin.pas” unit.

I am a bit confused… can you please specify how the fix was resolved in the 6.6.0.1319 release?

Regards, Jaroslav

Hi,

weird. your bugs (hydra and RO/DA) are fixed in preview branch
so they are fixed in .1321 and .1575 accordingly

According to the change log, the bug was fixed in version 6.6.0.1319, see here, again:

https://www.remobjects.com/portal/downloads/hydra.aspx?changelog=Stable/20231115-121909-hydra-develop/hydra-1319.txt

Okay, so the fix is only in version 6.6.0.1321… do I understand this correctly?

Regards, Jaroslav

Hi,

yes. it was fixed after .1319 was created

I understand… in that case the mention of the bug fix should be in the change log of version 6.6.0.1321, not .1319… this is what confused me.

Regards, Jaroslav

Hi,

wrong line was removed form log

1 Like

My sincerest apologies; there had been an overlap between when 1319 was build, this new change was committed, and the log for 1319 was generated.

Hi Marc,

thank you for your reply and apology, nothing tragic happened. It may look meticulous on my part, but I am responsible for configurations of environments from which our products are built… and there must be no doubt about the state and version of third-party libraries included inside.

Regards, Jaroslav

Hi,

unfortunately, the fix doesn’t work well… instead of a relatively harmless memory leak it now causes an AV error. The reason for this is clear: entities added from l_subRODL to l_mainRODL are lost when instance of l_subRODL is destroyed, but l_mainRODL still holds references to them.

The current concept of entities in RODL does not allow an entity to be safely transferred from one RODL library to another because both RODL libraries hold a reference to the entity.

I’ve attached a temporary fix that solved the problem, at least partially… see comments tagged with “CALLIDA”

Regards, Jaroslav

Hi,

thx for report. will re-review fix

bugs://H1034 was reopened.

bugs://H1034 was closed as fixed.