Missing XML Comments for class definition and method parameters

Hey guys,

as i mentioned above, I am developing in your Fire IDE with oxygene-Island and I saw that, when I call a function, like:

someMethod(...)   //---> built-in-function

the Moment I open the bracket, there is no XML-comment about that function signature, like: “This function does this and that and the param1, param2 do such and such…”

Is this a mistake or by design, when it is by design, It would be realy nice when you could add this to Fire because its relatively annoying to search for the method and Look what it does exactly.

The second Thing is, for own created methods which do have a XML-comment-section above their signature, when I call my own method, its the same Problem like above, I cant see nothing for a XML-comment, like what it does, Needs and so on…

The 3) is, what I am currently missing also in Fire is, in VS2015 when you right-click on a class or member of a module, you had a relatively huge Shell-context for all Kind of different purposes :slight_smile:

Would be cool to know if I am right there at the Moment.

–Shpend

P.s current version of Fire: 9.2.0.2153

Adding a context menu (3) is on the list already. I’ll look int what’d be involved with supporting XML Docs.

1 Like

Thanks Marc, I firstly thought that my post is nonsense, because no one answers to me :smiley:

In general, I would suggest you to have a more detailed look to visual studio to see if there would be something which also fits well in fire :slight_smile:

I was traveling, and also there was a weekend :wink:

haha yes, sometimes i Forget that developers in companies do also have a Weekend :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Me too :wink:

1 Like