.NET Core 3.0 Preview build error

Hi
I’m testing .NET Core Preview 4 along with VS 2019 and Water. I’m trying to force both IDE to use the latest versions of .net core 3 to test Winforms and Gdiplus support (create Bitmap from System.Drawing).
Here is test project from vs2019 WindowsFormsApp1.zip (333.3 KB) (that fails to import into Water) and it’s using runtime.win-x64.Microsoft.NETCore.DotNetAppHost version 3.0.0-preview4-27615-11. Here is Water project ConsoleApplication7.zip (32.0 KB) that fails to compile with error :

E: Package Microsoft.NETCore.App matching version [3.0.0-preview4-27615-11] was not found in any repositories.

Here is screenshot with settings

Something broke when I installed VS2019 because few hours earlier before installation I could compile .net core 3.0. VS set his version as default and I cannot force Water to use other version installed manually.
Here is my list from dotnet --info :

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.437]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\artur.redzko>dotnet --info
.NET Core SDK (reflecting any global.json):
 Version:   3.0.100-preview4-011223
 Commit:    118dd862c8

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     Windows
 OS Version:  10.0.17763
 OS Platform: Windows
 RID:         win10-x64
 Base Path:   C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\3.0.100-preview4-011223\

Host (useful for support):
  Version: 3.0.0-preview4-27615-11
  Commit:  ee54d4cbd2

.NET Core SDKs installed:
  2.1.502 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.1.503 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.1.504 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.1.505 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.1.602 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.2.100 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.2.106 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  2.2.203 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
  3.0.100-preview4-011223 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

.NET Core runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.7 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.9 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.2.0 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.2.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.7 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.9 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.2.0 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.2.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.0.0-preview4-19216-03 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.7 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.9 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.2.0 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.2.4 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.0.0-preview4-27615-11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 3.0.0-preview4-27613-28 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Also in VS 2019 on Oxygene project (.net) I cannot run “Manage NuGet packages” from References popup menu - just get error :
this operation works fine in vs2017. I assume that it’s still experimental support that’s why I want to use Water instead. Can you help me to build .net core 3.0 preview 4 project.

Thanks for help.
Regards Artur

What does that mean?

Hmm. is this with latest compiler? I’ve fixed that a few weeks back, they changed the package name for .NET Core 3, and its now called “Microsoft.NETCore.App.Ref” (or was, in Preview 2).

:frowning:

Hm, from the error message, that doesn’t look like one of ours (NDK_NET_Core is not a name I’ve ever seen), but I’ll have the VS team check. I assume a VC# project in VS2019 doesn’t show this error?

Thanks, logged as bugs://82504

Conformed this still works for me fine, with Preview 3. (I cannot install Preview 4 right now, the installer fails :(. But I don’t see how the newer Preview could affect the logic for this…

Ah, yes, I don’t use the latest stable release (I reported the problem bugs://82474). That explains the build problem.

1. (that fails to import into Water) - I tried to import the project created in VS into Water using Import\Visual c# project menu.
  2. “Something broke when I installed VS2019 because few hours earlier before installation I could compile .net core 3.0.” - I forgot that I reinstalled Elements too, to older version :joy:
  3. NDK_NET_Core is my oxygene project name with .net core 2. VC# project works fine. Maybe this also is the problem of older version.

Is there any chance to get a private build with fixed bugs://82474 for testing? Which version (preview or stable) will be released this weekend ?

I can confirm - compilation using build 10.0.0.2399 works fine. Manage NuGet package is still broken.

Ok, what’s the error?

Cool.

yeah, I didn’t expect any change there; note that VS2019 support is also still experimental. But I’ve logged issue for this part, up there.

The error was missing program file. And what about the build question ?

ah missed that. of course, I’ll put one up for you now.

Thank you.

Done; unfortunately I don’t have one with Water right now, but I can start one up and it should be done in ~1h

No problem, I can wait and download tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Hi, is the build ready ? I would like to download it before leaving the office.

It’s up now.

1 Like

1 Like

Hello Artur,
Latest beta build should have fixes for Manage nuget package menu. Could you please confirm if it works for you or not?
Thanks in advance.

No, it doesn’t work.

:(.

does it not work in Water, or VS — or both (both were fixed independently)?

In VS 2019

Ok, bugs://82504, logged for that, is still open…