Nuget with pdb

Hi,
Ive added a reference to a nuget that contains a pdb file. Should I be able to debug with it ?

Cheers,
John

Good q. Copy Local should probably opt the .pdb along, but it might not yet, I’ll have a look. You have a test case or an example NuGet reference that has this, handy?

Its in the carter examples Ive been posting. It does copy the pdb but it doesnt appear to work.

Hmm. so the .pdb is next to the exe and it still doesn’t work? then that’d be a debugger issue, not an EBuild one. a self-contained test case would be appreciated, as Carlo is gonna reject this if I log it for him with “you can prolly make it work with this test case from another issue…”

Thanks, logged as bugs://81765

Actually, I’m not sure if .NET Core can use regular .PDB files on Windows, or whether it needs Portable PDB (which is iirc exe/dll-embedded). Carlo will know.

CarterHelloWorldWebApp.zip (677.1 KB)

Ideally I would like to debug the .core app in Fire :slight_smile:

In startup.pas there are UseCarter and SetCarter methods. I would like to debug into those.

Just to be clear; are you debugging with Fire or with Water?

Fire

1 Like

bugs://81765 got closed with status fixed.

2 Likes

Im guessing it requires a new build of Fire ? I dont suppose I could have one.

It does, yes. I can create one for you later today.

1 Like

New Fire going up, ETA 5 mins (this has the same built that also has the EBuild fix)

Unfortunately this doesnt appear to be fixed.

When I try and debug, it just says “Debugging CarterHelloWorldApp”

and I see this in the log

~> Process CarterHelloWorldWebApp started
~> Trying to debug PID 54351

All the breakpoints are saying “breakpoint not resolved”

it appears its stuck

Damn. I think I know what this is. the API isn’t cross platform compatible. I’ll investigate.

Thanks its working now.

1 Like