Nuget with pdb

(JohnMoshakis) #1

Hi,
Ive added a reference to a nuget that contains a pdb file. Should I be able to debug with it ?

Cheers,
John

(marc hoffman) #2

Good q. Copy Local should probably opt the .pdb along, but it might not yet, I’ll have a look. You have a test case or an example NuGet reference that has this, handy?

(JohnMoshakis) #3

Its in the carter examples Ive been posting. It does copy the pdb but it doesnt appear to work.

(marc hoffman) #4

Hmm. so the .pdb is next to the exe and it still doesn’t work? then that’d be a debugger issue, not an EBuild one. a self-contained test case would be appreciated, as Carlo is gonna reject this if I log it for him with “you can prolly make it work with this test case from another issue…”

(RemObjects) #5

Thanks, logged as bugs://81765

(marc hoffman) #6

Actually, I’m not sure if .NET Core can use regular .PDB files on Windows, or whether it needs Portable PDB (which is iirc exe/dll-embedded). Carlo will know.

(JohnMoshakis) #7

CarterHelloWorldWebApp.zip (677.1 KB)

Ideally I would like to debug the .core app in Fire :slight_smile:

In startup.pas there are UseCarter and SetCarter methods. I would like to debug into those.

(Carlo Kok) #8

Just to be clear; are you debugging with Fire or with Water?

(JohnMoshakis) #9

Fire

(RemObjects) #10

bugs://81765 got closed with status fixed.

(JohnMoshakis) #11

Im guessing it requires a new build of Fire ? I dont suppose I could have one.

(marc hoffman) #12

It does, yes. I can create one for you later today.

(marc hoffman) #13

New Fire going up, ETA 5 mins (this has the same built that also has the EBuild fix)

(JohnMoshakis) #14

Unfortunately this doesnt appear to be fixed.

When I try and debug, it just says “Debugging CarterHelloWorldApp”

and I see this in the log

~> Process CarterHelloWorldWebApp started
~> Trying to debug PID 54351

All the breakpoints are saying “breakpoint not resolved”

it appears its stuck

(Carlo Kok) #15

Damn. I think I know what this is. the API isn’t cross platform compatible. I’ll investigate.

(JohnMoshakis) #16

Thanks its working now.