NuGetReference / version with build information (e.g. +githash)

Hi! As mentioned in

“Semantic Versioning 2.0.0” Semantic Versioning 2.0.0 | Semantic Versioning
a NuGet package version may have build-metadata, for example, 1.0.0+githash

Using a NuGetReference for including a package with version 5.0.0.2+f7b1ea14a3f2e0c25852dfe0502c1f77af124e8e doesn’t seem to work with Oxygene so far.
<NuGetReference Include="My.NuGet.Package:[5.0.0.2]" />

1> E: Package My.NuGet.Package matching version [5.0.0.2] was not found in any repositories.

Using NuGetReference including packages with versions without any build information by a “+” like a githash, everything works fine.
Is there a way for using NuGetReference with “githashed” version numbers?

Hi,

We don’t currently support versioning by githash, I’m afraid. I’ll log a feature request to look into that.

Logged as bugs://E26251.

Do you have a concrete example of a publicly available package you want to use that uses this version scheme and that I could use as a test case?

OxygeneTestProject.zip (70.6 KB)
Hi! I’ve uploaded two test projects with githash, one with stable version and a prerelease one.

It appears to me that local NuGet package sources (NuGet.Config) are also not taken into account?

There attached packages dont seem to be using “+” in their version, just the traditional “-” that should work fine eg “5.1.0-develop.1”. That said, I’d really need an example of an actual package that is published somewhere in the official nuget repo (or another public online repo) to properly implement and test this.

They should be, from the following folders:

Path.Combine(Environment.UserHomeFolder, ".nuget", "NuGet", "NuGet.config");
Path.Combine(Environment.UserApplicationSupportFolder, "NuGet", "NuGet.config");
Path.Combine(System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.ProgramFilesX86), "NuGet", "Config");