Oxfuscator "object reference not set to an instance of an object" on build

Hi,

I downloaded the Oxygene trial and installed Oxfuscator through that installer.

I’m trying to add an Oxfuscator project to a solution in Visual Studio 2010 (on a Windows 7 x86 VM). I created the project using the method described on your website (Right click -> Add -> New Project -> RemObjects Oxfuscator) and added my assemblies as references. When I try to build the solution, the Oxfuscator project fails with the error: “() Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

The error points me to the file C:\Program Files\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\RemObjects.Oxfuscator.targets on the line:

<CallObfuscar ConfigString="$(ObfuscarConfig)" />

ObfuscarConfig was presumably supposed to be set in the “PreapareVars” target, which looks like this:

<Target Name="PreapareVars">

<PreapareObfuscarVars OxfuscatorXMLfragment="$(Oxfuscator)">

<Output TaskParameter="ObfuscarConfig" PropertyName="ObfuscarConfig" />

<Output TaskParameter="FilesToObfuscate" ItemName="FilesToObfuscate" />

</PreapareObfuscarVars>

</Target>

Could you please let me know what else I need to do to set this up properly?

Thanks!

Hello,

Could you please send us your oxfuscator project and references for it so we can fix the issue? You can send it to support@remobjects.com. We will keep it confidentially and use only for internal testing.

Thanks in advance.

I’m evaluating Oxfuscator on an arbitrary open-source project (in this case, Codeplex Confuser), so it should be fine to upload publicly. The entire solution, including the Oxfuscator project, is attached.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

thank you for the report. The issue is reproduced and fixed. The fix will be available in the next build.

Best regards.

After adding the project, right click the mouse and Refresh

Hello,

Could you please describe your problem with more details? Where exactly did you select the Refresh command?

Best regards.