Oxygene for Gaming?

Hey guys,

I would like to know, if you could tell me, that Oxygene is useable with some gaming frameworks/engines? :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Shpend

why wouldn’t it be :wink:

Hm, how do you meant this?

AFAIK it is not useable with Mono or Unity, isnt it?

You can use any libraries available on the given platform. Elements works perfectly fine with Mono, of course, and it should also work with Unity.

I really dont get it, ok, with Mono I understand, but how with Unity3D?

Unity3D uses its own Script-Implementation, how would this work, would be pretty thankful when you could make an code example :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Afaik Unity3D uses Mono?

I can’t sorry. I’m not familiar with Unity3D, myself.

The thing is, I cant see if Mono from Unity3D is a exportable DLL? Or is it internally integrated so that I could make use of it, but on the other hand, I cant use Oxygene combined with Unity3D, thats the sad point :frowning:

Oxygene compiles .dlls just like C# does. If you can build stuff for Unity with C#, then you can use the exact same steps to build it in Oxygene. What the steps are I can’t tell you, as I don’t use Unity3D myself.

ok, I understood, but the point I want to say is, that Unity3D has an inbuild Scriptsystem:

You can use:

• JavaScript
  • C#script
  • BooScript

and you write those scripts and attache it to the 3D Object, thats Unity in a nutshell, and my question is, if Oxygene isnt directly supported from the unity devloper team, do you still think that I can make use of it??

I guess not then, no.

Few years ago when unity3d don’t have Windows version, I have import dll file(mono) from unity3d to enable coding in Visual Studio. I have compiled some dll (.net) to be used in my game. But I think you can use Oxygene to create dll file so it can be imported into unity3d project file.

Hmm, ok thanks Marc for the info, but could you tell me, just some which you have knowledge of, which game DLL’s could I use with Oxygene, because I really cant figured it out :confused:

@Mohd_Helmi_Mohd_Shar

And the game was written in?

But my Idea actually was to write the entire game in oxygene with the help from gameengine unity3D

i cant, no. i never used Unity, i know literally nothing about it.

Based on the number of webassembly examples I have been finding that are games could you use the Island target ?

For example this

http://webassembly.org/demo/

1 Like

Game can be write using Island but game engine need more than just draw basic graphic, sound etc. Somebody need to develop game engine which develop base on Element.

I think entire game can’t write in oxygene. You still need use default script what unity3d offer. Just like cocos2d-x game engine which you can coding using C++ but still some of the project file are in objective-c. But I think better ask on the unity3d forum, for better answer.

1 Like