Package` system.data.sqlite:1.0.109.1 has no deliverable for platform 'netcoreapp 2.2'


(JohnMoshakis) #1

Hi,

Im trying to use system.data.sqlite in a .net core console application but I get that build error.

SqliteConsoleApplication is the one I built in Fire and the other other I built using the dotnet commandline

SqliteConsoleApplication.zip (38.8 KB)
ConsoleApp.SQLLite.zip (88.1 KB)

https://www.nuget.org/packages/System.Data.SQLite/1.0.109.2 says it supports .net standard 2.0

Cheers,
John


(marc hoffman) #2

That package has no deliverables whatsoever, for any platform…


(JohnMoshakis) #3

Strange, where have they hidden it ? If I do a publish it magically appears.


(marc hoffman) #9

Ah, found the problem. apparently 1.0.109 doesn’t have .NET Standard support yet, But 1.0.109.2 does. (:woman_shrugging:t3:). There was a small bug in EBuild where it didn’t sort based on the forth version digit properly (frankly, because I’ve never seen a package with four digit versions, until now), and so it ended up picking 1.0.109.


(JohnMoshakis) #10

I downloaded the latest firehose, it now builds but at runtime I get

An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (SqliteConsoleApplication.deps.json) was not found:
package: ‘System.Data.SQLite.Core’, version: ‘1.0.109.2’
path: ‘lib/netstandard2.0/System.Data.SQLite.dll’

Im not sure if your still working on it but it says there are no deliverables but the equivalent app using dotnet new console works


(marc hoffman) #11

I was done so far. Your project failed on compile errors that seemed valid and I didn’t investigate further, after my fix. Do I need a newer test case?


(JohnMoshakis) #12

Yes sorry i was mid example. Attached is the complete application.SqliteConsoleApplication 2.zip (834.8 KB)

It should run and produce one from the sample database table.


(marc hoffman) #13

After dropping one “…” from the file path, I get:

!> Exception of type System.DllNotFoundException on thread 3DB4
!> Message: Unable to load shared library ‘SQLite.Interop.dll’ or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES environment variable: dlopen(libSQLite.Interop.dll, 1): image not found


(JohnMoshakis) #14

This is the one I generated with dotnet new

ConsoleApp.SQLLite 2.zip (88.2 KB)


(marc hoffman) #15

Those two project look very different. for one, this one uses EntityFramework, while the other doesnt; it also has “Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.Core/2.2.2”:, which the other doesn’t. Not really an Apples to Apples comparison…


(JohnMoshakis) #16

I was trying to replicate the example in Elements but wasnt able to get as far as being able to add a SqliteConnection.

I’ll rip out the extra references I had added.


(marc hoffman) #17

Thanx.

ideally, for comparing, the mode identikits tidal the two projects are, the more likely it is we can spot the difference and what (maybe) EBuild is doing wrong/differently. When there’s too many “known” differences, its hard to say which parts of the output are different due the them and which ones are different due to different behavior of EBuild ;).


(JohnMoshakis) #18

awssdk.sqs are also using 4 digits :frowning:

They have 3.3.3, 3.3.3.2 and 3.3.3.59


(marc hoffman) #19

Ok, but that should work now, right?


(JohnMoshakis) #20

Sorry yes it does


(JohnMoshakis) #21

From elements I get

Johns-Mac-mini:debug JohnMoshakis$ dotnet SQLiteConsoleApplication.exe
Error:
An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (SQLiteConsoleApplication.deps.json) was not found:
package: ‘System.Data.SQLite.Core’, version: ‘1.0.109.2’
path: ‘lib/netstandard2.0/System.Data.SQLite.dll’

Between the 2 I only noticed that
,
“runtimeTargets”: {
“runtimes/linux-x64/native/netstandard2.0/SQLite.Interop.dll”: {
“rid”: “linux-x64”,
“assetType”: “native”,
“fileVersion”: “0.0.0.0”
},
“runtimes/osx-x64/native/netstandard2.0/SQLite.Interop.dll”: {
“rid”: “osx-x64”,
“assetType”: “native”,
“fileVersion”: “0.0.0.0”
},
“runtimes/win-x64/native/netstandard2.0/SQLite.Interop.dll”: {
“rid”: “win-x64”,
“assetType”: “native”,
“fileVersion”: “0.0.0.0”
},
“runtimes/win-x86/native/netstandard2.0/SQLite.Interop.dll”: {
“rid”: “win-x86”,
“assetType”: “native”,
“fileVersion”: “0.0.0.0”
}
}
was missing for .core and serviceable was false.

I tried updating the elements one but it still complains with the same error.

SQLite.zip (104.0 KB)

ConsoleApplication is the elements one.