PascalScript for XE5?

Will the installer for PascalScript be updated for Delphi XE5?

Do you try just adjusting to new compiler?

in the mean time, the github repository should have the XE5 support.

Thanks Marc!

The installer download has also been updated.

the 64 bits package don’t show the option install. Something is broken.

@DonaldShimoda
I’m sorry, but you are wanting to install 64bit package into 32bit IDE?

@EvgenyK is the way to go, and always be. In XE2 the option install is present, with a previous version of pascalscript. So what is wrong with this in your opion? Or what is the exact process to use a 64 bits version of pascalscript then?

If you dont install how will see the components on the tool palette?

hmm, I can’t reproduce this. I’ve installed 32 bit version of package:

@EvgenyK are you using the git version of pascalscript? Do you see components on a 64 bits project?

@DonaldShimoda twice yes:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/64-bit_Cross-Platform_Application_Development_for_Windows#Making_Your_Components_Available_at_Design_Time_and_Run_Time

…inspect value of PLATFORMTARGETS binary resource inside of your PascalScript_Core_D19.bpl (using ResHacker.exe, for example…) - what can you see? If resource is not present or value doesnt have System.Classes.pidWin64 bit set to 1, components are not visible for 64b platform. Maybe there is the reason…?

@EvgenyK Sorry but i believe some in your process is different.

1. I clone the repo https://github.com/remobjects/pascalscript.git

2. The first problem is the build packages group files to load the ro package.

1. I can install on win32.

But can’t install the win64 package, no install option, just build.

Can you please double check are you using the actual git version?

if you open PascalScript_Core_D19.res with VisualStudio, you will see that PLATFORMTARGETS is equal to 3, i.e. it has the same value as in PascalScript_Core_D19.dproj

@DonaldShimoda: again: you can install only win32 package into Delphi IDE. Packages with any other TargetPlatform you can only build.
pls, create a new package, set target platform as Win64 and try to install it.

@EvgenyK you are right about installing a 634 bits package on the ice, i believe was the christmas champagne i don’t know. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, the git package is broken. Test yourself and will see.

Best regards.

@DonaldShimoda BuildPackages_D*.* files were already removed from git

@EvgenyK and where is PascalScript_RO_D19 package?

have you look at Addon folder

@evgenyk sorry, i forget to look into my crystal ball. :stuck_out_tongue:

@EvgenyK building RO package complains about missing inc file:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] PascalScript_RO_Reg.pas(15): F1026 File not found: ‘PascalScript.inc’

Fixed:

add this to unit PascalScript_RO_Reg;

{$ifdef WINDOWS}
{$I …\Source\PascalScript.inc}
{$else}
{$I …/…/Source\PascalScript.inc}
{$endif}

Both add ons packages don’t compile for 64 bits.

[dcc64 Fatal Error] uDAPascalScript.pas(18): F1026 File not found: ‘DataAbstract_Core_D19.dcp’

[dcc64 Fatal Error] PascalScript_RO_D19.dpk(38): E2202 Required package ‘designide’ not found