Problem with android : @integer/google_play_services_version

Fire 2399

That definition

<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />

cause that error

E: aapt: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). [/Users/germanpablogentile/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/com.genartech.peopletracker_2018-266EEAADAB25D9E6D427643A07D8F03AAEB638F3/Debug/Cooper-Android/AndroidManifest.xml (21)]

I believe all the dependencies are ok. Searching in google explain how to solve in Android Studio. No idea how to fix in Fire.

Best regards

what does it say? the same probably applies to Elements (nothing Fire-specific about any of this, fwiw) as well…

They suggest specific configuration in android suit project, I dont see how be correlated to Fire project configuration at all.

Ok… :woman_shrugging:t3:

The problem is I don’t have idea how Fire manage references, dependencies, where are located the libraries, if uses (or ignore Gradle) because that changes from one to another Fire releases, and the list goes on…
If I was using android studio I have the exact steps to solve, the same happens with Delphi. Not me situation with Fire because is a complete different scenario.

How to know WHERE Fire searches for the integer value? Maybe with that data I can see if some configuration file for the library is missing.

From strackoverflow

"As Google Map V2 use use Google Play services you need to keep it updated. Latest google play services requires a version name, which is to be mentioned using <meta-data … /> inside AndroidManifest.xml. This can be solved by both of the below ways_

1. Add following meta-data inside application tag of your AndroidManifest.xml
this value is there in your Google Play services library(res -> values -> version.xml)
  1. Directly add the version code like
4030500 is version code which is stored inside

google-play-services_lib>res>values>version.xml

4030500"

Your dependencies are not Ok, or Fire is not resolving them correctly.

The @integer/google_play_services_version resource is provided by the Play Services libraries, so if your dependencies are Ok then this problem is solved by that resource being brought into your project via those dependencies.

What references do you have declared in your project ?

1 Like

Thanks for your response

References:

How are they declared in your project elements file ? For comparison, in one of my projects:

<GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-auth:[15.0.1]" />
<GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-location:[15.0.1]" />
<GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps:[15.0.1]" />

I’m wondering if that “Copy Local” is involved. It’s been a while since I did Android with Elements… are Copy Local references included in the packaged app or not ?

Note to self: Must find time to get back into this stuff. :frowning:

Yes, they are.

<ItemGroup>
    <Reference Include="android" />
    <Reference Include="com.remobjects.dataabstract">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="com.remobjects.sdk">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="elements">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="cooper">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>
    <GradleReference Include="com.android.support:appcompat-v7:25.2.0">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </GradleReference>
    <GradleReference Include="com.android.support:support-fragment:*">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </GradleReference>
    <GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:[16.1.0]">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </GradleReference>
    <GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps:[16.1.0]">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </GradleReference>
    <GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-location:[16.0.0]">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </GradleReference>
    <GradleReference Include="com.google.android.gms:play-services-base:[16.1.0]">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </GradleReference>
  </ItemGroup>

Have no idea how affect Copy Local to be honest. or the tag True.
Try with version 15.0.1 and removing the True tag, same error.

Best regards

you need copylocal, yes.

Thanks Marc.

I enable copy local to all my references and still same problem.

Best regards!

P.S.: Happy birthday!

1 Like