Project is still waiting for all references to load

vcl
(Paul Berger) #1

Why do I get a never ending ‘Project is still waiting for all references to load.’ when I press Ctrl-Shift D/Up/Down ?

This is in the DelphiRTL

(marc hoffman) #2

Can you turn on Show Managed Project System activity,. restart, and post a screenshot off the entire window?

(Paul Berger) #3

I’m using Water so don’t seem to have that option… ticked Show Code Intelligence Activity. Not sure if that is the same thing

Now get this if I go Messages > Show First Message. Not sure if that is related ?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RemObjects.Fire.App.SolutionDocumentWindowController.<get_NamespacesManagerCommand>b__1(Object param)
at RemObjects.Fire.BaseLibrary.RelayCommand.CanExecute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CanExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.UpdateCanExecute()
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Listener& listener, Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.RaiseRequerySuggested(Object obj)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

(marc hoffman) #4

it is, yes. can i get a full screenshot?

(marc hoffman) #5

doesn’t.seem likely, no. i’ll, have a look at the code genre tomorrow to see what might be causing it. you see this for any project? ARE there build messages?

(Paul Berger) #7

Better version of build messages… Delphi RTL from GitHub

Build messages v2.txt (37.3 KB)

(marc hoffman) #8

i’m confused. what does that build log have to do with the two issues you raised?

(Paul Berger) #9

no idea… you asked for build messages :slight_smile:

if I do Ctrl D I get this… (also note Loading Types) both don’t do anything on this project

It then do Messages > Show First Message I typically get this error (not always)

Just did open project, messages > show first message… and after about 10 secs get this error everytime

(marc hoffman) #10

Ok, I can not reproduce either of these issues, so I’ll need a few more details.

• I assume this is DelphiRTL.sln as cloned from git, unchanged, correct?
  • what’s the active “work in” project for the file you are in? (it would show next to the filename in the solution tree).
  • does that project have it’s references resolved yet, at the time? (click the References node and check the log file there; also check if any of the references have yellow error makers).
  • at the time when you invoke “Show First Messages” and get the NRE, are there messages in the solution?

and finally

• does either of these two issues show for you in different projects, or is it just Delphi RTL?

thanx,
marc

(Paul Berger) #11

Yes, unchanged from git.

This a new computer so really only Water installed eg no VS etc (other stuff all in VMs)

Only fails in this project… I think I might blow it away and start again.

Two pics below showing solution tree…

Also, I find when you go to a line in the editor from a message etc and it is highlighted (eg pic#2 below) you don’t really know you’re on that line (eg stays yellow). The hints are awesome btw.
What about actual line number indicates active line or a line indicator as per extremely rough mock up