Project is still waiting for all references to load

Why do I get a never ending ‘Project is still waiting for all references to load.’ when I press Ctrl-Shift D/Up/Down ?

This is in the DelphiRTL

Can you turn on Show Managed Project System activity,. restart, and post a screenshot off the entire window?

I’m using Water so don’t seem to have that option… ticked Show Code Intelligence Activity. Not sure if that is the same thing

Now get this if I go Messages > Show First Message. Not sure if that is related ?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RemObjects.Fire.App.SolutionDocumentWindowController.<get_NamespacesManagerCommand>b__1(Object param)
at RemObjects.Fire.BaseLibrary.RelayCommand.CanExecute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CanExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.UpdateCanExecute()
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Listener& listener, Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.RaiseRequerySuggested(Object obj)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

it is, yes. can i get a full screenshot?

doesn’t.seem likely, no. i’ll, have a look at the code genre tomorrow to see what might be causing it. you see this for any project? ARE there build messages?

Better version of build messages… Delphi RTL from GitHub

Build messages v2.txt (37.3 KB)

i’m confused. what does that build log have to do with the two issues you raised?

no idea… you asked for build messages :slight_smile:

if I do Ctrl D I get this… (also note Loading Types) both don’t do anything on this project

It then do Messages > Show First Message I typically get this error (not always)

Just did open project, messages > show first message… and after about 10 secs get this error everytime

Ok, I can not reproduce either of these issues, so I’ll need a few more details.

• I assume this is DelphiRTL.sln as cloned from git, unchanged, correct?
  • what’s the active “work in” project for the file you are in? (it would show next to the filename in the solution tree).
  • does that project have it’s references resolved yet, at the time? (click the References node and check the log file there; also check if any of the references have yellow error makers).
  • at the time when you invoke “Show First Messages” and get the NRE, are there messages in the solution?

and finally

• does either of these two issues show for you in different projects, or is it just Delphi RTL?

thanx,
marc

Yes, unchanged from git.

This a new computer so really only Water installed eg no VS etc (other stuff all in VMs)

Only fails in this project… I think I might blow it away and start again.

Two pics below showing solution tree…

Also, I find when you go to a line in the editor from a message etc and it is highlighted (eg pic#2 below) you don’t really know you’re on that line (eg stays yellow). The hints are awesome btw.
What about actual line number indicates active line or a line indicator as per extremely rough mock up