As mentioned previously, I’ve been experimenting with migrating one of my solutions to Mercury. The solution has 11 projects, but I’m only on the 2nd project. This project mostly contains code generated by LLBLGen, which is something on almost everything I create, so getting this working successfully is important for me if I’m going to be using Mercury for any of my existing projects.
Unfortunately right now now I am unable to build successfully, There are 8 different types of errors:
- (E373) No overload with 0 parameters, expected 1
- (E406) No overloaded method “xxxxxxx” with these parameters…
- (E46) Unknown identifier “$WithVar”
- (E576) Cannot access member on expression without result type
- (E62) Type mismatch, cannot assign “xxxx” to “Int32”
- (E626) Member “yyyy” of type sequence “xxxx” is a variable but is used as a method
- (E64) Type mismatch, cannot find operator to evaluate “Byte” = “xxxx”
- (E714) No “With” statement found for this expression
Maybe some of these are tied to the same underlying issue, but I suspect most of these are independent issues.
Previously I’ve been trying to create sample projects that clearly demonstrate each issue I encounter but I’m starting to wonder if it would be more useful if I just provide you with this project. I don’t have to send the whole solution - I have a modified solution that has only 2 projects and a fairly limited set of external references.
Let me know if you think this makes sense. Otherwise I will continue as I have been, reporting bugs with sample projects as time permits.