Projects references not loading

Hi,

I get this message in one of my projects but I cant work out what the issue is. Is it possible to get more information somewhere why it displays that message ?

I thought it might be because it’s a remote reference but I created another repo with same reference and its fine.

The project builds fine but it displays this message and seems to break code completion for this reference.

What does the resolve log say? Select the References node to see it.

But changes are its what to says on the tin ‚ it cant find a .dll for this project reference via Hint Path, or project file path & FinalOutput.xml because the project wasn’t built or hint path/prohect path are bad.

build.log.zip (48.3 KB) references.log.zip (2.1 KB)

Do you think it’s because Im using LFS ? It doesnt seem to affect the build, just the references ?

I don’t see show it would…

Weird; so resolve fails on

git: This repository is configured for Git LFS but ‘git-lfs’ was not found on your path. If you no longer wish to use Git LFS, remove this hook by deleting .git/hooks/post-checkout.

but build can check it out fine; odd thing is, both are just executing /usr/bin/git

I’ve removed lfs and I now see messages like below in the references window

Project Reference ‘Realm’ has no matching target (Toffee macOS macOS).
Project Reference ‘Realm’ has no matching target (Island Darwin watchOS)
Project Reference ‘Realm’ has no matching target (Island Darwin macOS).
Project Reference ‘Realm’ has no matching target (Toffee watchOS watchOS).

Hmm.

I think it’s something to do with the elements file. I can switch between remote project references

This doesnt work

This one does

This is the error from the references window

-> Task __RemObjects_EBuild_Elements_ElementsResolveToffeeReferencesForTarget started for RealmRemoteConsoleApplication, Toffee-macOS.
            Project 'Realm' referenced from 'RealmRemoteConsoleApplication' is not in solution, reusing cached output.
E:          Project Reference 'Realm' has no matching target (Toffee macOS macOS).
            Reference 'Foundation' was resolved to '/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Toffee SDKs/macOS 11.1/Foundation.fx' for target 'Toffee-macOS'.
            Reference 'rtl' was resolved to '/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Toffee SDKs/macOS 11.1/rtl-11.0.fx' for target 'Toffee-macOS'.
            Reference 'libToffee' was resolved to '/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/References/Toffee/macOS/libToffee.fx' via XML for target 'Toffee-macOS'.
            Reference 'libElements' was resolved to '/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/References/Toffee/macOS/libElements.fx' via XML for target 'Toffee-macOS'.

I deleted this folder

/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj

and I rebuilt and both are ok now.

The 2 things I edited in the elements file that wasnt working was

I was importing

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Toffee.targets" />

I changed this to

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.targets" />

ANd

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Target)' == 'Toffee.iOS' ">
    <Mode>Toffee</Mode>
    <SDK>iOS</SDK>
    <SupportMacCatalyst>False</SupportMacCatalyst>
  </PropertyGroup>

I changed to

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Target)' == 'Toffee.iOS' ">
    <Mode>Toffee</Mode>
    <SubMode>iOS</SubMode>
    <SupportMacCatalyst>False</SupportMacCatalyst>
  </PropertyGroup>

It wasnt until I deleted the obj folder that it started working.

Sure it was built yet? can is ee the complete latest testcase?

that might confuse things depending on what else is in the project (ie if it’s multi-target and has non-Toffee targets), yes.

hmm, SDK vs SubMode should not matter for resolving, as EBuild will use one to set the other, no matter which one is set (the settings aren’t interchangeable though,. since SDK may optionally include a version). The IDE had some issues with SDK not being set that I fixed (iirc before Friday’s build), which caused the issue dragging the multi-target project as reference. but that should to affect this…

in any case, all is working for you now?

The problem I have now is below. I see this in the references window

Missing project ‘Moshine.Api.Location’ referenced from ‘Moshine.Services.Location’, but project path ‘/Users/JohnMoshakis/Documents/develop/Moshine.Location/Moshine.Api.Location/Moshine.Api.Location.elements’ is valid.
Package project ‘github.com/mosh/ImportSolution/Realm.elements:*’ referenced from ‘Moshine.Services.Location’, at ‘/Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution/Realm.elements’.

It’s odd because I have 2 console apps, with the same project and remoteproject reference which dont have an issue.

Moshine.Api.Location is the project reference and realm is the remote reference.