Query Error with OLEDB.NET when running Relativity Server as a Windows Service

Hi,

I have set up a Relativity Server on Windows SBS 2003.
The Relativity Server is running with a Royalty-Free Edition License.

A connection was created for accessing Paradox tables with OLEDB.NET, with the following connection string:
OLEDB.NET?AuxDriver=Paradox;Data Source=C:\MYDATA;Extended Properties=Paradox 5.x;

When I start the Relativity Server in GUI mode, everything works perfectly, and I can run queries against the Paradox tables with DA SQL Browser.

But after installing Relativity Server as a Windows Service and starting it, the following happens:

• The DA SQL Browser connects to the Relativity Server and the Schema is fetched.
  • But when I try to run a query I receive the following error:
    Query execution failed.An exception occurred on the server: External table is not in the expected format.

I do not understand why it works perfectly when running in GUI mode and it fails when running as a service.

Please I need help to have this solved, as this is a production server, and the Relativity Server running as a service is a requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

Hello Paulo.

This error comes from the database driver itself. Please check that the account used to run the service has sufficient privileges to access the database folder.

Thanks.

I had already checked this before.
The service was originally running using the Network Service account, and I gave full access privilege for this account to access the database folder. But it did not work.
After that, I configured the service to use the Administrator account, the same that was used to run the Relativity Server successfully in GUI mode. But it did not work too.
For your information, I have BDE version 5.1.1.1 installed on this server.
Do you think that this problem is only a matter of privilege access?
Is there anything else that I could try?

Kind Regards, Paulo.

Hello Paulo.

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the problem locally using the same environment as yours. Could you provide datatable structure where problem appears?

Thanks.

Hello,

The problem occurs here even with a simple database with only one Paradox table.
Could you tell me the details on how you set up your environment so I could try to do the same?
Which account are you using to run the Windows Service?

My Best Regards, Paulo

Hello Paulo.

I’m using the next environment:

1. Windows Server 2003 SP2 edition

2. RemObjects DataAbstract 7.0.075.1117

3. Relativity server is installed as windows service with Local System account

4. BDE 5.10 installed

5. Sample database to use https://cloud.remobjects.com/public.php?service=files&t=c40881cda71f459c0d017b213ecc8933

6. Local System account has corresponding rights for the folder with database.

Thanks