"Recursion in inheritance tree" build error

I’ve suddenly started getting a false “Recursion in inheritance tree” build error as of the last couple versions. I stripped my project down to the bare minimum that still generates the error as a sample project. It’s bizarrely touchy. If I remove completely unrelated lines the error goes away. Even if I rearrange the order of some of the unrelated lines, the error goes away. To save space in the sample project I tried removing resources (png, xml, etc) and that made the error go away too :thinking:

@mh I’ll dm you the project as it stands

1 Like

Will have s look in the am, thanx!

Thanks, logged as bugs://84324

This was a very interesting issue. It turns out that some of the Jar files referenced use a new constant pool entry I never encountered before, which triggered an internal exception, in any case, it’s fixed now.

1 Like

bugs://84324 got closed with status fixed.

1 Like

Still having an issue with this on .2517… I’ll send another test case

bugs://84324 got reopened.

bugs://84324 got closed with status fixed.

Could I get a build of this if it’s been fixed? I’ve been trying to add firebase support for a while but the build that (I hope) added firebase support a few weeks ago also introduced this bug.

Sure thing.

1 Like

Up; let me know if you need Water, I’ll start a full build in a bit.

1 Like

Ah yes with Water, thanks

Will do.

Pro tip: if you make a full backup copy of your Elements/Bin folder in a safe place (say, Elements/BinWithWater), you can keep running the Water.exe from that backup even after installing a newer (or older :wink: Elements build that didn’t have Water. It will use the new installed compiler, for building your app — which is what you care about (but it will of course use the version it was built against, for CC & co).

1 Like

Up.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like