RemObjects Remoting SDK for Delphi 9.6.113.1419 in BDS 2006

delphi
(Arjun) #1

I have installed new RemObjects Remoting SDK for Delphi 9.6.113.1419 in my BDS 2006.

But unable to compile sample project Datasnap ,Getting below error.

[Pascal Fatal Error] uROClient.pas(21): F2047 Circular unit reference to ‘uROClient’.

But the same project working without issue in Delphi XE10.2 .3 Tokyo with same SDK.

Adding the screenshot with this.

Please advice how to solve this issue in BDS 2006

i was using RemObjects Data Abstract for Delphi - 5[1].0.33.723.exe before in the same system.

0 Likes

(EvgenyK) #2

Hi,

weird, I can’t reproduce it with Delphi 2006 (v 10.0.2151.25345):

if I compile this unit with dcc32, it also is ok:

0 Likes

(Arjun) #3

Dear EvgenyK,

I have removed all reg edit details and reinstalled bds2006(v. 10.0.2166.28377) and Remobject 9.6.113.1419 again but when compile getting [Pascal Error] uRODLToXML.pas(85): E2003 Undeclared identifier: ‘SaveBytesToFile’

And when building project getting
[Pascal Error] uROClient.pas(984): E2003 Undeclared identifier: ‘TXMLToRODL’

and when adding uXMLToRODL in uses in uROClient getting more errors coming like this

attaching uROClient with this uROClient.pas (16.4 KB)
when compile using dcc32 below error.
CMD

i was using RemObjects Data Abstract for Delphi - 5[1].0.33.723.exe before in the same system.

Please help to resolve this.

0 Likes

(EvgenyK) #4

hi,

Looks like you haven’t removed ROv5 completely and it was used instead of ROv9.

as you can see in uROClient.pas (you have attached it), it has this implementation of GetRodlLibrary:

function GetRodlLibrary(ARodlReader: TROCustomRODLReader): TRODLLibrary;
begin
  Result := uRODLSupport.GetRodlLibrary(ARodlReader);
end;

but your screenshot shows another code:

check your library paths in Delphi IDE and remove entries to old v5 sources.

0 Likes

(Arjun) #5

Dear EvgenyK,

Please see the below screen shot there is no such a folder in my system, but the same file is taking

i have installed rem object in separate folder as usual and now it working fine,
C:\Program Files\RemObjects instead of this C:\Program Files\RemObjects Software

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes

(EvgenyK) #6

Looks like you have uROClient.pas in VirtualStore.

check %appdata%\..\Local\VirtualStore folder and remove RemObjects Software folder from Program Files folder.

1 Like