Remote Project References with no internet

Hi,
I lost my internet connection for a short while and Im not able to build a project with a remote project reference.

I got

E: Invalid remote project ‘github.com/mosh/ImportSolution/MotionAnimator.elements:*’ referenced from ‘SailingLogiOS’: project at ‘’ does not exist.
Pulling GitHub - mosh/ImportSolution: Projects to create fx files to /Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/EBuild/github.com.mosh.ImportSolution

git: Already on ‘master’
git: Your branch is up to date with ‘origin/master’.
git: fatal: unable to access ‘GitHub - mosh/ImportSolution: Projects to create fx files’: Could not resolve host: github.com

As long as Im not on the wrong branch is it not possible to just issue a warning instead of an error ?

It would be a bit of a nightmare if I was disconnected for a long time and couldnt build at all.

Cheers,
John

Not sure if i can distinguish the kind of error, if git fails. but i’ll see what i can do.

right now I do a "checkout " and pull, always

Not sure what the best fix here is:

(a) only pull on rebuild? (faster for non-rebuilds, but you might lose out on changes)
(b) ignore failed pull unless for rebuild? (dangerous, as there could be other “more bad” failures that get ignored)

which option do you prefer? for now I have done (b), but not committed yet.

I like (b), will I get a warning of some kind ? Im also ok with rebuild ignoring a failed pull. As long as I get a warning saying its using the latest on my machine.

tricky, because that code level has no access to emitting errors or warnings right now, due to how the git code slots into the class structure. it just fails or doesn’t (the gilt error is of course emitted to the output). I‘ll Commit (b) for tomorrow, and look if i can restructure this for proper warnings, later

Done, including the warning.

1 Like

Thanks very much, that worked

1 Like