Repositioning Cursor After Auto Parenthesis

Is there a way to reposition the cursor after an automatic parenthesis completion in Oxygene/Visual Studio. For instance, if I type (cursor is denoted by ^):

writeLn(^

The editor will place a closing parenthesis like (when configured for automatic parenthesis completion):

writeLn(^)

My question is, is there a quick key combo that will move the cursor to after the closing parenthesis without having to use ‘end’ or the cursor keys? Normally in Visual Studio, you can hit TAB to move the cursor like so. When I hit tab in a Oxygene file in Visual Studio it just inserts a TAB before the closing paranthesis. Also, if the key combo does exist, will it work for auto quotes, brackets, etc. also? Needing to move my hands from the home row all the time slows me down.

You could press ) ? that will move after the existing ) if the ) is under the cursor.

That doesn’t seem to work for me. When I do that, I end up with two closing parentheses. I can disable automatic parentheses in the options and that is fine. However, I can’t find a way to disable things like auto <>. When I use a generic, it inserts <> and puts my cursor between the brackets which is great, but I can’t find out how to get past the closing bracket without hitting a cursor key or end. If I type >, it inserts a second >.

Does anybody else see this behavior? If not, it’s possible that my IDE has some other configuration that is messing with Oxygene. I have Visual Studio 2015 Pro installed with Resharper, but I’ve completely disabled Resharper and still see this behavior.

Thanks, logged as bugs://77182

Hello. The issue with <> is logged.

() things work as expected. Please, check video on how I tested () https://cl.ly/2q0E2f470n0J. If that doesn’t work for you, please send us video and some steps on how to reproduce it.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Konstantin,

It works when there are no parameters, but it doesn’t work when there are. See my attached video.

Thank you.

bugs://77182 got closed with status fixed.

Thanks, logged as bugs://77196

bugs://77196 got closed with status fixed.

1 Like

bugs://i64941 was closed as fixed.

Logged as bugs://i64941.

Logged as bugs://i64951.

bugs://i64951 was closed as fixed.