ServiceBuilder crashes

Since I have updated to 9.4.107, I am getting crashes in the Service Builder in the following situations:

At startup, it complains twice about a missing entry point for @Uhyclrmanagedpluginwrappers@initialization@qqrv inside ROServiceBuilder70.bpl
Then it complains about a problem loading ROSBJSONRPC.dll where the original error was this:

(EHYException) Cannot load module c:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK (Common)\Bin\ROSBJSONRPC.dll Code: 127.
Specified procedure was not found

After those three messages, it loads the RODL just fine, but I’m not over with crashes. Indeed, here is what I do:

1. Generate the Delphi interface
  2. Save it to file
  3. Generate the Delphi Invoker
  4. Save it to file

That last step fails 9 times out of 10 with a crash and the generated file is 0 bytes. The error message is this:

Error saving code files: Access violation at address 4000781B in module 'rtl70.bpl'. Read of address 00000444

After that, I must restart the Service Builder to be able to generate the Invoker file.

What could I look for to solve this?

1 Like

hmm, we don’t ship ROSBJSONRPC.dll for ages.

if you rename it to say ROSBJSONRPC.badplugindll, you will be able to reproduce original issue with saving Invoker?

btw, you can generate all files at once and select what files you need to save

My installation goes back to the 6.0 version of the SDK, so I’m not surprised there are a few leftovers. Maybe the installer could remove files it knows being no longer useful.

And thanks for the tip about “generate all” but it’s only convenient when placing every files in the same folder. But I don’t do that, the Intf being placed in a shared folder, while all other files are placed in a folder private to the server application. This way I’m sure no client can inadvertently use a file that it is not supposed to.

RemObjects SDK (Common)\Bin can contain user’s plugins for SB so we can perform only cleanup of known outdated files in installer …

ROSDK v6 has no such feature - it was added since RO9:

here you can select what files you want to save …

Yes, that’s only what I’m asking about because I believe that ROSBJSONRPC.dll came from an earlier version of the SDK.

Yes, I can select only two of them if I want to, but they will all end up in the same folder, which is not what I want. It would be really nice if we could assign a relative folder for each item that can be generated and this folder along with the selection be saved in the RODL. This way, the next time I select “Generate all files”, it will reuse the previous settings and place all required files at their proper location.