Starting server when TCP port is already bound by another process

What should a RO server do when it cannot bind to a TCP port?
The run function below does not throw an error.
I see some exceptions that get caught in the VS output however.
Is there a way to detect the error in our code?

serverROSuperHTTP_ = new RemObjects.SDK.Server.ApplicationServer(serverName);
serverROSuperHTTP_.NetworkServer.ServerChannel = new RemObjects.SDK.Server.IpSuperHttpServerChannel();
serverROSuperHTTP_.NetworkServer.Port = listenport;
serverROSuperHTTP_.Run(args);

Exception thrown: ‘RemObjects.SDK.Exceptions.SuperChannelTimeoutException’ in RemObjects.SDK.dll
‘OffCloud.exe’ (CLR v4.0.30319: OffCloud.exe): Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Management\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Management.dll’. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option ‘Just My Code’ is enabled.
‘OffCloud.exe’ (CLR v4.0.30319: OffCloud.exe): Loaded ‘c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2019\professional\common7\ide\commonextensions\microsoft\xamldiagnostics\Framework\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.WpfTap.dll’. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option ‘Just My Code’ is enabled.
‘OffCloud.exe’ (CLR v4.0.30319: OffCloud.exe): Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xaml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xaml.dll’. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option ‘Just My Code’ is enabled.
The thread 0x13344 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x10f0c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xee94 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Exception thrown: ‘RemObjects.SDK.Exceptions.SuperChannelException’ in RemObjects.SDK.dll
‘OffCloud.exe’ (CLR v4.0.30319: OffCloud.exe): Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\SMDiagnostics\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\SMDiagnostics.dll’. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option ‘Just My Code’ is enabled.
‘OffCloud.exe’ (CLR v4.0.30319: OffCloud.exe): Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceModel.Internals\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll’. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option ‘Just My Code’ is enabled.
The thread 0x12884 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xfb10 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Exception thrown: ‘RemObjects.SDK.Exceptions.SuperChannelException’ in RemObjects.SDK.dll
The thread 0xd360 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Logged as bugs://D19254.

I’ve logging an issue to raise an exception by default.
Unfortunately the current behavior is to ignore the binding errors.