Surprise exception on LINQ query

I’ve been developing an app for a couple months now with no problem. I’ve just recently upgraded my Elements install to the current beta, along with my DA/ROSDK install to the first stable 10.x beta. Now…i’m seeing an exception when I start my app and it does its first query.

Here is the exception message:

excwindow1

here is the stack trace

What is the usual cause of this exception?

I’m running Relativity server on a test server against a Pervasive.SQL database. A similar setup w/ an earlier version of DA/Relativity is running on a live server against the live copy of the database with no current problems, which leads me to think i’m running into DA changes I need to address?

Alan

Well, it would be nice to see the query itself as well as the ServerStackTrace property of the exception object

Here you go. Query…

var pq := (from prec in fDataModule.DataAdapter.GetTable<lpv8oelib.PSQLSchema.packages> where prec.IsOpen='Y' select prec).ToList;

ServerStackTrace here:

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DefaultDbProviderFactory.CreateConnection()
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.BaseConnection.Open()
   at  .⁍. ()
   at  .⁍. (String , SQLSchemaElement )
   at  .⁍. (DataAbstractServiceValidateDBObjectAccessEventArgs )
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataAbstractService.TriggerValidateDataTableAccess(DataAbstractServiceValidateDBObjectAccessEventArgs e)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataAbstractService.ValidateDASqlTable(ValidateTableEventArgs e)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DASQL.QueryValidator.VisitTableNameReference@NestedGetSimpleTableStatement(SchemaDataTable table)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DASQL.QueryValidator.VisitTableNameReference(TableNameReferenceElement table)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DASQL.QueryValidator.VisitSelect(SelectExpression query)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DASQL.DASqlProcessor.GetData(String tableName, String sql, WhereExpression additionalWhere, DataParameter[] parameters, IAbstractConnection connection, ServiceSchema serviceSchema, DataStreamer streamer, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean allowPrivateAccess)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataAbstractService.GetDataViaDASql(String tableName, TableRequestInfoV6 requestInfo, DataStreamer streamer, Boolean allowPrivateAccess)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataAbstractService.InternalGetData(String[] tableNames, TableRequestInfo[] requestInfo, DataStreamer streamer, Boolean allowPrivateAccess)
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataAbstractService.GetData(String[] tableNames, TableRequestInfo[] requestInfo)
   at  .⁍.GetData(String[] , TableRequestInfo[] )
   at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataAbstractService_Invoker.Invoke_GetData(IROService __Instance, IMessage __Message, IServerChannelInfo __ServerChannelInfo, ResponseOptions& __oResponseOptions)
   at RemObjects.SDK.Server.ServerChannel.InvokeMethod(ServiceInfo serviceInfo, IServerChannelInfo channel, IMessage message)
   at RemObjects.SDK.Server.ServerChannel.InvokeService(IMessage message, IServerChannelInfo channel)

Thanks, logged as bugs://83044

Thanks for the information.
I’ve logged an exception to provide less cryptic error message here.

Well, it seems your database provider assembly fails to load. Did your Relativity Server instance use a custom daConfig file?

Yes, it does. You helped me configure this for Pervasive.SQL and you now distribute the entries we worked out with DA. I’m going to check the test server this morning to see if the database install is complete or maybe needs a change.

Could it be that a different version of Pervasive.SQL drivers is installed there? Configuration file expects version 4.3.0.0

Where do I find that version?

If you have Visual Studio installed there then start ‘Developer Command Prompt for VS 20XX’ and then execute there command

gacutil /l Pervasive.Data.Common

This command will display all Pervasive driver assemblies registered in GAC

Or you can search for the file Pervasive.Data.Common.dll and check its properties. Details tab should display its product version

I found one minor change that somehow got in the daconfig. seems to be working fine now. Also, the port number on the server somehow was reset to the default 7099. not sure how that happened either…

Could you provide more details on that daCofing change?

in the live production version, i’m using Pervasive.Data.SqlClient. In the test daconfig, somehow this got switched to Pervassive.Data.Common.