Takeover of old Oxygen 8 project

Hello,

I have been trying for several days to resume an old Oxygen 8 project (from memory) and in VS I am unable to compile due to this error below.
« 2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Preview\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2182,5): warning MSB3274: Impossible de résoudre la référence primaire “Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces”, car elle a été créée avec le Framework “.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1”. Cette version est supérieure à celle du Framework ciblé actuel “.NETFramework,Version=v4.0”.
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Preview\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2182,5): warning MSB3274: Impossible de résoudre la référence primaire “FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient”, car elle a été créée avec le Framework “.NETFramework,Version=v4.8”. Cette version est supérieure à celle du Framework ciblé actuel “.NETFramework,Version=v4.0”. »

The framework version is of course 4.8 and it compiles under Water.
Have you encountered this problem and how can I resolve it?

Thank you in advance.

My french is a bit rusty, can you check if the project itself has a reference to 4.0 inside it (it’s an xml file) and change it to 4.8?

Thank you for your reply.
My English is that of google and I apologize for that :wink:

yes, oxygen point is recovering well
.NETFramework4.8
but i just found the error.

I replaced the lines:

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Echoes.Legacy.targets" /> <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" />

by this:

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Echoes.targets" />

and it compiles now :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Glad it’s solved. Your English is fine, I was referring to the error messages from msbuild :slight_smile:

2 Likes