TDaMemdatatable issue on Delphi/Android

Hi guys,

I have an issue with using the TDaMemDataTable on Delphi for the Android platform. It generates an AV when opening a TDaMemDataTable… but only if I run in RELEASE mode. If I run it in DEBUG mode then it runs on the device absolutely fine.

This makes it hard to track down as I can’t set breakpoints, or locate where the exception was raised in Release mode.

I did see an error (although I’m not able to recreate the same error) about a DateTime field in the dataset. I’m not 100% sure if this is where the problem is occuring but it only appears to happen on Android, and only in Release mode.

iOS and Windows are fine in either Debug or Release mode.

I know this doesn’t give you much to go on but I’ll see if I can find out a little bit more about where the issue is occurring and will update this thread accordingly.

I’m running build 1245 - I did test with the latest and it still generated the error.

Kind regards,
Graham

try to comment these defines in uDAMemDataset.pas

{$INLINE AUTO}
  {$OPTIMIZATION ON}

and retest.
will it change anything?

Hi Evgeny,

No difference I’m afraid. I commented out these lines and also disabled Optimization and Inlining in the Project Options but still get the AV when opening the Dataset.

I tested with another TDaMemDataTable dataset which only had WideString fields and it opened absolutely fine. I’m fairly certain it has something to do with the DateTime db fields but can’t provide any more than this right now.

I will try and dig a bit deeper to see if I can provide any more information… if you have any other ideas, please let me know and I will test.

Thanks,
Graham

I have also duplicated the DEBUG project options across to the RELEASE project options in the hope that this would fix the bug and then I could switch the settings back to the previous release mode 1 by 1 to find the option which was causing the issue… but even with my Release settings set to identical values as the Debug settings, the AV still occurs so it must be something else causing the problem.

I guess it doesn’t give you much to go on but I did just notice this error when opening the dataset.

Debugger Exception Notification

Project MyApp.apk raised exception class Bus error (10).

Break Continue Help

this could be your case: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=121205

Same problem here.

The problem is raised with float Fields.

Problem is on line 1238 of DAbin2DataStreamer

datFloat: PDouble(buf1)^ := Bin2_ReadDoubleFromStream(Data);

Thanks, logged as bugs://77112

Hi

Any news when & what release this will be fixed in please?

Cheers

the main problem: I can’t reproduce these issues :frowning:

I’ve used FireDAC/FB & EMPLOYEE.FDB with Delphi XE8 UP1.
tables:

• Employee (DateTime and Currency)
  • Sales (DateTime and Float fields)

it works finely with Android in release mode

can you create testcase which reproduces problems and which I can test?

Note: I’ve tested with latest beta but these issues weren’t touched in beta.

bugs://77112 got closed with status cannotrepro.

Logged as bugs://i64877.

bugs://i64877 was closed as unable to reproduce.