The big 5 of modern Pascal today

Hi all,

I just made a web page containing a comparison of the big 5 of modern (object) Pascal. I use it to promote modern Pascal languages to fellow programmers, especially in my country. And because I love Pascal too. These Pascal compilers are the most known, heavily developed, and actively used by (relatively) many people to this today. There I also included RemObjects’ Oxygene which I think is another variant of modern (object) Pascal.

Here is the page: https://pak.lebah.web.id/pascal5.html

Because I don’t use them all intensively, I realize there might be some wrong or incorrect information in the page due to lack of my knowledge. Feel free to correct or suggest anything about the page. I do really appreciate it.

Thank you.

~Bee

Before I went to Oxygene, I experimented with Free Pascal and Lazarus.
According to you chart, Free Pascal and Lazarus support things. But that is not true. It might be that it is possible to build things with it, but they support absolutely nothing.

Edit:
The support of FPC+ Lazarus: if it does not work, fix it yourself.

FPC/Lazarus does support those things.

FPC/Lazarus is Free Software. Free Software is about being in to position to successfully own a piece of Software to modify it according to your own needs. Proprietorship. That’s what free software is about.

Free software is not about software made in order to distribute, it’s about adopting software to it’s purpose.

Anything else is about different degrees ranging from possession to usage.

People may like this approach or not. Free Software is not a product and from the perspective of commercial being ambitious first can quickly turn into watch?v=y8jF0dN4utU.

From a practical point of view having to compile the (cross) compiler …

Nice!

couple corrections:

• LLVM is used for Cocoa and for Island (including Windows, Linux, AndroidNDK and WebAssembly). so the “6” scan go,
  • Others: no - what does this mean? Elements supports more than just Window,s Linux and macOS (iOS, tvOS, WatchOS, Android, Web. so what would qualify for a checkmark under “others” for FPC but not Elements?
  • WebAssembly is fully supported, not experimental
1 Like

Thank you for the information. I took the info from the official website, perhaps there are something that I missed. I apologize for that.

Regarding “others”, I mean it as native platforms out of the 3 common operating system (win, linux, macos). For example: AmigaOS, FreeBSD, etc.

So, latest version of element compilers is able to produce web assembly code? Today? :open_mouth:

Yes. Since early in the year, actually.

Sorry, it’s been a while I didn’t play around with Oxygene. The page is now updated. Thank you.

1 Like