The new version of Crossbox (8.4.96.2053) still does not work

IDE: _Visual Studio 2013
Version: 8.4.96.2053
Target (If relevant): iOS
Description:
The new version of Crossbox (8.4.96.2053) still does not work.

The simulator opens, but the application is not shown. Visual Studio does not display anything for a long time until it is shown a dialog with the error:

In the console a lot of errors are displayed.

I attached project, screenshot and console log.
Bug267.rar (998.4 KB)

I have done tests with XCode 7 and XCode 8 and does not work with either.
I put the console log for the test with XCode 7 and console log for the test with XCode 8.
Console.14.10.2016.txt (40.1 KB)
Console.14.10.2016-2.txt (11.6 KB)

Best regards,
Jose A.

Odd. for one thing, it should be impossible to have it say “Ap deployed ok” twice. Something funky is going on. I’ll prepare anew CrossBox build with more logging for you, later today or (more likely) tomorrow.

—marc

Perfect. Thanks Marc.

I’ve uploaded a new CB build for you to Personal Downloads.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll see what happens.

I’ve been tested the new CB version (8.4.96.2054) with the project that I sent you.

First with XCode 7 active.
The console log is as follows:
Console5.txt (14.8 KB)

And with XCode 8 active:
The console log is as follows:
Console6.txt (3.2 KB)

The tests I’m doing with the iOS Simulator 9.3 and VS2013

You realize those logs are useless as they don’t include a single message from CrossBox, right?

In these logs you can look the Crossbox interaction with the simulator and appear several errors when I run the application from Visual Studio. This is all that is displayed on the console.app.

com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService[720]: Requested phone is is not available for pairing.
com.apple.debugserver-@(#)PROGRAM:debugserver PROJECT:debugserver-350.0.21.9
Listening to port 49477 for a connection from 0.0.0.0
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_VNODE] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked

CrossBox opens the simulator, but the application not is displayed or if it is displayed, only the initial about window is displayed, then after a long time Visual Studio shown “Timeout waiting for a response”.
However, when I install the old Elements version 8.4.96.2045, the Crossbox of that version it works flawlessly.
Can I send you something else?
What you need to solve the problem?
You tell me exactly what you need and I’ll send it.

I found the option in simulator menu that opens the system log, and seems to give much more information, so I put the file attached below:
System.Log.txt (491.8 KB)

If you need anything else just tell me, I look and I send it.

How about the actual log from Crossbox, as showing VS, and as you had in your first report?

literally not a single line in your included logs is relevante crossbox.

I have always sent the log console MAC.
I do not know what you mean.
Have you seen the last log that I sent you?
System.Log.txt (491.8 KB)

Please can you tell me how to find the log you want?

I made a video so you can see how I runs the application and the result of the output window of Visual Studio.
Bug267-2.rar (2.7 MB)

In MAC sometimes appears the initial application window, but is blocked, and sometimes the simulator shown the window in black.

I researched more and it seems that if the simulator is already open and the main simulator window displays the icons for applications,

if I run again the application then it is displayed correctly in the simulator,

however, if breakpoints are set, the application not stop for any of them.

I attached a new video.
Bug267-3.rar (6.2 MB)

If the application is shown in the simulator, then a log from the output window of Visual Studio occurs.
Here I attached that output.
VS_OutputWindow.txt (40.3 KB)

Another curious thing, from that moment, that is, when an application works, even if I close the simulator, if I run again the application it works properly. However, if I turn off the MAC and I turn on again, then again the error “Timeout waiting for debugserver to respond” occurs.

When the application does not work, Visual Studio not shown the following windows:

And I found that if I want that the application again works and be shown on the simulator, after restarting the Mac, I need do the following steps:

1. I run the application in Visual Studio.
  2. The application not shown the windows

and is displayed the error “Timeout waiting for debugserver to respond”.
    Ouput window in Visual Studio shows only the first 3 lines of log and not shows nothing more.
  3. I close the simulator and relaunch the application from Visual Studio. Now it works. However, the debugger does not work.

Your original post had this. That is the log i want/need. That said, what you’re describing now seems to be compete different from what your original complaint was? It’s very tough of follow your description(s).

That said, looks like the build i sent you yesterday didn’t actually have the extra logging yet; i’ll upload a new CB build for you within the next hour.

Sorry if my investigations are not useful for you or I do not know how to explain adequately. The problem is exactly the same as my initial post, but we have continued to research, and my findings I’m commenting to you to see if they are useful for you to solve the problem.
Is a lot the time we are losing here and doing a thousand combinations to find out what’s going on. Please note that until this problem is solved we can not use the latest versions of Elements with the fixes you’ve done the last few weeks, so for us it is imperative that this issue is resolved, so we are wasting so much time and we are giving all the details in order that you solve this problem.

With the latest research, the important thing that you should keep in mind is that when I initially connect the MAC, the application does not work on the simulator, but if I close the simulator and I reopen, the application is already shown correctly in the simulator and log is shown in the output window of Visual Studio. However, the debugger does not work in any circumstances.

Yes. i could gain insight into that with the right logs. Without, not so much.

I’ve uploaded a new CB for you, called “RemObjects CrossBox - 8.4.96.2054B (this is the one).zip”, please use that one and send the the log from either the VS debug pane or from ~/Library/logs/CrossBox. With that, i can review whats happening and plan next steps.

Ok. Thanks Marc.

I’m getting something like this:

First Lauch:

Deploying onto iPhone SE (iOS Simulator)
Running project with debugger on iPhone SE, AC9CEB80-2254-4DFB-BC26-2F3D8A29D14F (iOS Simulator)
App is at /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/Elements/CrossBox/314979d5-9d17-42e2-97c4-17f1ad171d67-app5/Debug/iOS Simulator/App5.app/App5
App bundle is at /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/Elements/CrossBox/314979d5-9d17-42e2-97c4-17f1ad171d67-app5/Debug/iOS Simulator/App5.app
BundleID is org.me.App5
 device AC9CEB80-2254-4DFB-BC26-2F3D8A29D14F
Running /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator -CurrentDeviceUDID AC9CEB80-2254-4DFB-BC26-2F3D8A29D14F

^^ This should start up the Simulator GUI, which WILL take ages to boot, depending on your HW. on my MacBook, sometime sit takes 1 minute

Device booted ok.

this will show shortly after the sim shows, LOG before it looks booted up. at that stage we run:

Running /usr/bin/xcrunsimctl install AC9CEB80-2254-4DFB-BC26-2F3D8A29D14F "/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/Elements/CrossBox/314979d5-9d17-42e2-97c4-17f1ad171d67-app5/Debug/iOS Simulator/App5.app"
[DEBUG] simctl install finished
[DEBUG] simctl install exit code 0
App deployed ok.

this will install the app. the sim UI will still/might still look like its booting, at this stage. Once this is done the app will be installed, and show on your sims homescreen when(ever) it’s booted up.

we then run:

Running /usr/bin/xcrun simctl launch -w AC9CEB80-2254-4DFB-BC26-2F3D8A29D14F org.me.App5

tis launches the app. if the sim is still booting, this will “hang” until its ready, at loch point too should see the launch screen – this in the log:

org.me.App5: 1763
simctl launch: org.me.App5: 1763

which tells us the app s ready, and gives us the PID. that’s when we attach debugserver:

Running /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/LLDB.framework/Versions/A/Resources/debugserver 0.0.0.0:51198 --attach=1763

and CB passes the port (51198 in this example) back to Visual Studio. VS will then connect LLDB on that port.

VS might then need to download Symbols (if this is the first run with this OS version). That too may taker a long time, and you’ll see the downloading dialog in VS as well as messages in the VS console. CrossBox is “done” and out of the picture at this point.

eventually, your app will/should continue, and hit breakpoints or run.

in VS, you’ll see the same-isa log, with some more extra.