Trying to run my first project

Xcode.app bundle at ‘/Library’ is missing file ‘/Library/Contents/version.plist’.

I have a working copy of xcode. are there tutorial videos ??
as an aside I would like to use swiftui

It looks like you have not yet registered your copy of Xcode with the system for command-;ine use. You can do this in Xcode’s Preferenes or by running xcode-select on the command line, as shown here: Setting up Xcode for Cocoa Development with Fire.

You can also find more documentation and tutorials at https://docs.elementscompiler.com.

We do not currently support SwiftUI yet, FTR.

thanks but says las debug session failed but that was on top not in the main window

“/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/bin/mono-sgen” “/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/EBuild.exe” “–setting:Elements:IslandSDKFolder=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Island SDKs” “–setting:Elements:GothamXmlFolder=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Gotham XMLs” “–setting:Elements:ReferencePathsXMLFolder=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Reference Paths with Data Abstract Trial” “–setting:Elements:LldExePath=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lld” --setting:Elements:LlvmRcExePath= “–setting:Elements:DSymUtilExePath=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/dsymutil” “–setting:Elements:ToffeeHelperExePath=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/ToffeeHelper” “–setting:Elements:BundleToolJarPath=/Volumes/Fire 11.0.0.2735/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/bundletool-all-1.9.0.jar” /Users/admin/Documents/MacApp/MacApp.sln --logger:fire --configuration:Debug --no-goal --setting:B4DDDA81-FFF6-4496-A419-23D1B30F6F02,Device=True --verbosity:normal --xml:/var/folders/3d/ytdn1xf93mn5tn8ht8b69bww0000gn/T/MacApp.fire.xml --build --setting:TreatFixableErrorsAsWarnings=True
RemObjects EBuild. An open source build engine for Elements and beyond.
Copyright RemObjects Software 2016-2022. All Rights Reserved. Created by marc hoffman.
Version 11.0.0.2735 (develop) built on talax, 20220429-124536. Commit dad33b9.

Xcode Version is 11.3 (11C29), macOS Version is 10.14.6 (18G87).
No exact macOS SDK version was specified for target ‘Toffee-macOS’, using ‘macOS 10.15’.
Solution ‘MacApp’ built successfully.
Port is 39917
Running /Library/Developer/SharedFrameworks/LLDB.framework/Versions/A/Resources/debugserver -f16 --log-file /dev/stdout 0.0.0.0:39917 -e OS_ACTIVITY_DT_MODE=1 -F – /Users/admin/Documents/MacApp/Bin/Debug/macOS/MacApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MacApp

Curious, as that does look like a successful debug launch. Is there any output in the Debug Console at the bottom (Cmd-Shift-Y)? Can you open the Activity Window (Cmd-Shift-9), try to run again, and post the output from there, as well?

Curious. Anything in the Activity window?

Can you try updating to a more recent version of Xcode (13.3 is latest, so this is ~2.5 years old) to see if that addresses the issue?

well this mac is on the older file system not apfs. I would update to the macos just before the requirement of apfs but i cant seem to download Big Sur from apple.
edit
because I am on an older macos i can not update to xcode 13.3

Ah damn.