Visual Studio 2015 Shell WPF Project is lagging while codding, cannot display XAML source code of the designer

Hello,
I just have installed Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Integrated) with Elements 9.0.97.2071
Can’t open WPF XAML content. Can’t add visual components from toolbox e.g Buttons, CheckBoxes etc.
Some Registry warning appear in Output window.

Please have a look at a video below

Thank you for your support.
Best regards.

Can you try if installing the VS2015 Community edition on top fixes the problem for you?

Yes. I did install visual studio 2015 community then later Enterprise edition, the problem was fixed gracefully. But the logic is: Why should I need to install?; for example: Microsoft C#, some other stuff, if I interested​ in RemObjects C# (is essential part of the installer) or Oxygene.

I hope, in the next release these issues will be solved.

Thank you.

Kostya,

the logic is this: Microsoft ships many pieces of the more advanced toolchains (such as WPF) broken with the Shell, and the only way to get those parts functional is by installing the bigger VS SKU — even if you don’t end up actually using VC# or the like :(.

It’s unfortunate, but nothing we can do about it. I’m hoping this will get better with the VS2017 Shell (which still isn’t available yet).

Thank you Marc, It makes sense.

1 Like