Visual Studio 2017 : "We've noticed that extension 'Oxygene Editor Extensions' is slowing typing performance"

Marc, I’ve not been able to spend much time on this, but I’ve just been starting to produce a simple test case for a Hydra problem and the unresponsive editor issue happens with this simple project. I’ve attached it here, but it’s just your most basic Hydra plugin with a couple of interfaces so far. If I start typing “exit true” in the Login method, the editor hangs if I pause after typing exit and I see this sort of thing

I should also say that this is after an uninstall / reinstall of VS2017 to try and get around the “Add New Item” issue (which I think it did).

I also have another niggle in VS2017 (and I suspect in earlier versions), around assemblies not being listed in the extension manager. In this case, it would appear to be installing RemObjects that knocks out visibility of other extensions. I only mention it here as I paid attention during my reinstall of VS 2017 as to when I lost visibility of my DevExpress assemblies and they were visible until I installed RemObjects. I have a ticket over on DevExpress for this, but I think the issue is on your side after watching through the latest install. I only mention it here as I was going through the install again, it won’t have any bearing on this problem. But if it rings any bells…

Sample.zip (19.1 KB)