Visual Studio 2019 support

Hi

Visual Studio 2019 is generally available today. What is the support status of the Elements (I’m using v10.0.0.2385, ) in this IDE version? Can you share your experience in this matter? I remember some betas had problems with extensions and templates.
Thanks for info.

Artur

Visual Studio 2019 GM still does not properly support integrating custom project templates with the new New Project dialog. this is a restriction/bug on Microsoft’s side, not ours.

Other than that, Elements works perfectly fine in VS2019.

I’m using VS2019 with Oxygene since the first RC is out. And no problem with the latest Elements version.

1 Like

So I can work with existing Elements projects but cannot create new one ?

The templates are there and they work, they’re just very hard to discover due to the changes in the dialog.

Just my 2 cents.

I was a very early adapter of VS2017 - and payed for it.
Bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs.
It took over a year before it became somewhat usable (I am talking VB.Net and C#).

Now I wait. As soon as the first previews of vNext come out, I will start to try VS2019.
Because (I hope) at that time it will be usable.

1 Like

My experience as well. VS2017 has been a major s**tsh*w. I dread to think what it has cost us in effort for the integration, and what could have been accomplished by putting that effort into other areas of the product. VS2019 doesn’t quite reset things to be as bad again, but it once again does rejigger a to of things just for the sake of it :(.

Thank you for info. I will wait for some reviews and first Update too :wink:

You can install VS2017 and VS2019 side by side to test.
If it doesn’t work with VS2019 you can continue work on VS2017.
Personally I think that VS2019 is faster than VS2017.

Well, it can’t really be slower :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: